Chapter 5

Goldie walked quickly through the halls, away from Bonnie and Finn

Goldie walked quickly through the halls, away from Bonnie and Finn. He stood close to one of the decorated walls, and lowered his head to take continuous deep breaths, his hands on his knees. The questions appeared in front of him, and his brow turned upwards as he raised his head to read them both.
"I–I don't know, I don't know if or how I'm connected to them." Goldie wore a conflicted look as he motioned how confused he was with his hands. "I just know bad things happened, and certain people were involved. But I'll try finding out more! Oh, and, my hobbies are drawing, snoozing, pranking, making and executing plans," Goldie listed off the hobbies with his digits, his eyes drifting to the side as he thought about everything he liked to do. "Eating, playing arcade games, hanging out with my little buddy and animatronics that actually like me...yeah, that's it. I don't do anything else!" Waving off the rest of his answer, Goldie started to respond to the second ask.

"Sneaking in, huh? I was going to look at more VHS tapes, but that might just uncover something else. I know just where to go, and I've done it before! As long as I don't get caught," Goldie said, with a nervous huff. He nodded, signalling he would go through with the idea. 

As Goldie turned in the hall, his eyes shifted to an open vent above him and he used his teleportation to reach it. The bear's white pupils began to glow as shadows cast over his face, and he started to crawl through the space. The bear knew where almost every room was in the restaurant, and rooted his way through the vents. He turned a corner, making his way to Parts and Service once more, where he knew Manager would store anything else that could give him an idea of what had happened. As he crept through the dark, metallic tunnels, his mind went back to Bonnie and Finn. He felt bad for leaving them, but he didn't know what else he could've done. Not everyone trusted him, and he didn't want to damage their friendship, or—even worse—hurt them! I can't lose them, the bear told himself, crawling faster. I can't lose another friend. 

"Please don't hate me," he whispered to himself, squeezing his eyes tight for only a moment. Upcoming light from the opening of the vent brought Goldie back to the space he crawled through, and he stopped, hearing the Manager through the room below him.