Chapter 4 Pt. 1

Goldie was still scribbling as the new question interrupted him, and his expression seemed to become both nervous and prideful as he read through the ask

Goldie was still scribbling as the new question interrupted him, and his expression seemed to become both nervous and prideful as he read through the ask. When he was ready, he opened his mouth to give the best response he could think of.

"Well, my plan was fool-proof! I'm sure it would have worked, if not for my trouble with Foxy," Goldie continued, "I wanted to rule the restaurant. But only for a day! I would've forced them to let me on stage and..." The bear paused, but spent no time contemplating what he was about to say next, before pushing the words through. "And if Mike had intervened...maybe I would have captured him too." Goldie now had a puzzled look on his face. "Gosh. Now that I think about it, I'm not sure what else I would've done. I guess it's useless now..." The bear's voice softened, and he stared blankly at the viewers, his eyes sad, but empty.

"But I have something else to focus on now!" Goldie exclaimed, ending his melancholic trance. "I'm thinking of a new plan. And this one won't involve kidnapping!" Goldie tried to give a smile, though his pitiful, yet sympathetic attempt quickly faltered.
"I just hope someone will trust me." The golden bear mumbled, before finally returning to his scribbling.

Meanwhile...

Marionette was already awake and out of her box, and she now smiled and listened calmly as TC spoke to her about Goldie's return.
"Do you want to go say hi to Goldie with me?" TC asked, her face beaming. "We haven't talked to him in a while!" TC stared eagerly at the puppet as Mari gave a soft giggle.
"Of course, TC I'd love to join you! It's a very sweet gesture," Mari replied.

A new question appeared above TC as Mari got out of her gift box, and TC stopped to read it before a deep blush appeared across her cheeks

"Oh! Yeah, I do still love Goldie!" TC chuckled and sighed as she began to picture the golden bear in her mind.
"He's just so amazing and handso-"
"Are you ready to go?" Mari cut in, her question pulling TC out of her daydream. The Toy chic looked at Mari in surprise but quickly nodded her head. She wondered if the puppet had been paying attention to TC's talk of her crush, but simply smiled to herself. The Toy animatronic was fine with Mari knowing; she trusted the other animatronic, and TC's friends were already aware. The two swiftly left Prize Corner to catch up with Goldie, and walked together into the hallway.

Goldie stood as he had finally finished scribbling, and recollected the thoughts and findings he'd scattered onto multiple papers. Though his printing was messy-or was it childish?-he could read it just fine and started to review his discovery with the Fredbear Plush seated on his bed, skimming through the few papers he grasped.

"Alright, little buddy. What we know so far is that there were other golden animatronics, and they were here in 1985. And somehow, one of them looks a little like Shadow Freddy. But why did they disappear?" Goldie looked directly at the Plush bear's eyes. A few seconds passed before Goldie raised his eyebrows in surprise.

"That could be it," Goldie said to the Fredbear plush. "An incident could've happened then, and that's why they were forgotten about." Goldie stopped and looked back at the TV screen.
"Like me..." The golden bear said in a quiet tone.

There was a light knock at the door of the backroom that gave the golden animatronic a start. He dropped his papers and swept them aside with his foot before cautiously stepping towards the door. He straightened as he reached the knob, and swung open the door with a curious look.
"Hi Goldie!" Mari and TC chimed in unison, with bright faces.
"Oh! Hey, TC. Hello Mari." Goldie looked back and forth at both of them.
"We came to see you!" TC said, before Mari followed with, "Would you like to join us before morning?" The two animatronics waited eagerly for Goldie's response. Mari spotted a dark object in the backroom through the open door, and she stared at Goldie with a look of bewilderment.
"Are you...busy right now, Goldie? We don't mean to bother you if you are-"
"No! I'd be glad to join you!" Goldie finally answered. "I'm not busy at all!" Mari noticed the slight shakiness in Goldie's voice, but she went along as the three of them left the door to the backroom.

"Hey, Mike!" Goldie said in a cheery tone. The night guard looked up from his monitor and turned to see the golden bear behind him in the security office.
"Oh, Goldie," Mike responded, "It's good to see you again." Mike noticed how the animatronic was a bit quieter tonight. But still, Mike was glad his pal had stepped out of the backroom.
"Yeah, you too! I was just heading off with Mari and TC for the end of the night." Goldie explained, a calm but friendly look in his eyes.
"That's good," Mike said with a grin, only the noise of the fan being heard in the security room. "I'll see you soon, alright bud?" Mike asked, hoping Goldie would talk with him during another night.
"Of course," Goldie agreed with a wide smile on his face, before saying goodbye as he teleported out of the office.

TC and Mari greatly enjoyed Goldie's company, and until 6 A.M. they gave him cupcakes, listened to party songs, and updated him on what he'd missed while having been gone, like how all the younger kids loved Finn. BB had even gone over to them, and he told Goldie about how everyone had, in his words, "kinda forgotten the craziness."

Soon Goldie said goodbye to the two animatronics, and TC also returned to her room after Goldie had left. Mari now sat in her box, content with the time she'd spent with Goldie and TC. But, her mind still wandered to how Goldie had acted tonight. I want to make sure he's okay, Mari thought. If there really is something bothering him. The puppet would leave him be for now, and Mari knew she would be there if Goldie ever needed to talk. The animatronic's black-and-white sleeves covered her arms as she slightly hung out of her box, and she relaxed. The old tune of the music box soothed Marionette, as she hummed along quietly, her eyes closed.