Chapter 2: Day One In A New World

Start from the beginning

I had definitely made sure that my age was set as 20 when using the appearance customizer, but now it looked like I were 11 or 12 years old. What gives?

[Age parameter was reset to better conform to your personalized backstory. (Decision authorized by: Your assigned angel)]

[Note: The strength of your powers, the level of control you've achieve, and the skills you've learned during training have not been affected]

"Ok..." I began slowly before yelling out in frustration. "What backstory!?"

[Backstory created by assigned angel to help user better integrate into new world.]
[Would you like to view backstory (1 of 2)?]

Quickly selecting yes, I felt my conscious fade as new memories began flowing into my head.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once upon a time, I was nothing more than just a humble and tiny little Fire Spirit; standing no taller than a single acorn.

My days were spent exploring the nearby forests and hills, often playing with the other nature spirits and fairies

My days were spent exploring the nearby forests and hills, often playing with the other nature spirits and fairies. (And just as often hiding from the fairies when they tried to snuff me out in some stupid game they invented.)

But despite all that, I was content.

My absolute favorite thing to do however, was to listen to the stories of knights and adventures that the children would make up when they would play with the fairies. How they would go on all these grand quests, and do all manner of heroic deeds.

And I wanted to be just like them.

I would wander all over the forest looking for tiny twigs to use as swords; and I would practice swinging them around for hours. I wanted to become a great adventurer. I wanted to go on a grand quest just like the humans did.

Though...it became increasingly difficult when the others would snap my makeshift swords or try to snuff out my flames while I were practicing.

It quickly become their favorite game to play when they were bored...

After a while I began to resent them a little for that. Was it really so wrong for someone like me to have dreams like that? What right did they have to stop me from even trying?

If only I hadn't been born as a weak little Fire Spirit. Everyone told me over and over again that it was impossible for someone like me to be anything more.

If only I had been born as something stronger...

If only I could've been human...