"Fifth Young Master," Sun Jing, the temporary head of the back courtyard saw Shen Liang figure from a distance and called out a warm greeting. Those from the second and third family immediately curled their lips simultaneously as they called her a sycophant in their heart.

"Auntie Sun," Shen Liang smiled and gave her a nod. The greeting was neither overly enthusiastic nor was it particularly cold.

"Is everyone here?" Shen Liang swept a gaze over the entourage as he inquired. There were seven to eight carriages lined up outside the manor with occupants in each of them. It was still early morning. Were they that impatient to deal with him?

"The Madame, second Young Master, and the fourth Young Master won't be attending due to health reason. The Old Madame, second Madame, and third Madame as well as the other young masters and misses have already arrived." Sun Jing shook her head. Shen Liang immediately captured the underlying meaning in her words. No wonder he felt as though the group was particularly large today. It turned out that even the children from the second and third family had come. 

"En. We'll have to bother Auntie Sun to take care and look after manor today." After politely addressing her, Shen Liang stepped past her. Sun Jing didn't say much either. She simply returned a bow.

Soon after, Yaoguang pulled up with a carriage behind the already present line of carriages. Zhao Lan and the others couldn't help but recall what happened previously as the smiles on their faces became hard to maintain. However, they were evidently thinking too much this time as Shen Liang didn't get into the carriage Yaoguang pulled up. Instead, he climbed into the carriage Sun Jing had prepared. Lei Zhen was in charge of driving it and the carriage Yaoguang controlled trailed closely behind them.

"Depart!" the Old Madame's hoarse voice called out from one of the carriages lined up in the middle. Nearly ten carriages pulled out, one following another in perfect order as they departed from the Marquis Donglin Manor. Sun Jing and her maid stood at the entrance and watched the carriages disappear around the corner. Only when they were nowhere in sight anymore did she return back into the courtyard.

Xiangguo Temple was one of the largest temples in the empire. It was located on Fengming Mountain, 20 miles west of the Imperial City. The smell of incense was particularly strong and prosperous there. The noble and affluent families of the Imperial City would frequently head there to pray and worship. Even the concubines and ladies from the Imperial Palace would come here at times. For the sake of reputation, the emperor also specifically ordered the Ministry of Industry to maintain and repair the official road leading from the Imperial City to Xiangguo Temple every year. However, with the large influx of refugees, the Marquis Donglin Manor entourage had only jest left the Imperial City when it became crowded with the cries and sound of refugees begging everywhere outside the carriage. 

...

"Go, send an invitation to all of the nine Imperial Princes saying that this lord is inviting them for a visit to Xiangguo Temple," as the carriages passed by Luofeng Residence, Pei Yuanxian, who had been waiting there, leaned against the window on the third floor and looked down on the line of carriages from the Marquis Dongling Manor. He then returned back into the room with a bored expression.

"Yes," Tianshu took the order and left.

Chu Li, who had been woken up bright and early in the morning was dissatisfied and voiced, "Third brother, say, if you want to go to Xiangguo Temple, then just go. Why bother running over here just to do that? I had a pleasant time with the Shuanghua beauty last night and it was already the time of Yin when I was finally able to grab some sleep. Couldn't you just let me sleep more a bit longer? What if I fall ill one day from lack of sleep? Who will help you manage Luofeng Residence then?"