Chapter 46

The octagonal gazebo was located behind the rockery, not far from the renowned man-made river that extended from the Elder Princess's Manor to her husband's. At this time, several boats traversed along the river. Several young ladies from noble families gathered on the boat. The garden not far ahead also had clusters of invitees gathered to discuss literature, poetry, and essay, whilst others joked among themselves. All in all, younger and older generations mixed among the crowd who attended the Elder Princess's banquet.

"Shen Liang? Shen Da's younger brother?" On a boat that traversed the man-made river, several men donned in extraordinary attires and refined temperament noticed the red figure. As the distance was relatively far, most of them couldn't see the figure quite clearly. However, his refined demeanor whilst heading away attracted their attention and made them feel uncomfortable.

"Yes, Your Highness. Before, when they were outside the front gate..." a man with a figure that resembled a bamboo pole leaned over and relayed the story of what occurred. Light flickered in the eyes of those present, but none dared to speak. 

Finally, a portly man patted his belly and stated, "He is an interesting one. This lord will find a day to play with him sometime."

"Third Brother should restrain yourself. Be careful that third sister-in-law will cut off your rations," his words were soon retorted by another.

The portly third prince Qin Yunyi immediately slapped the table and stood up. The fat on his cheeks trembled with his sudden action: "He dares! This lord will divorce him!"

"Xiao Lizi, record this down for this lord. This lord will remember this for third brother, and let sister-in-law see this."

"Eldest brother" Hearing him, Qin Yunyi's previous audacity was quickly diminished, with all his previous aura swiftly swept away.

"Haha..."

The group of princes laughed among themselves. That the third prince was afraid of the eldest prince and his concubine wasn't something the princes knew only for one or two days. Whenever the brothers gather, they frequently used this matter to tease their third brother. Whenever they see their third brother's neck blush from aggravation and suffocation, they would all feel highly amused. 

"What is eight brother looking at? It can't be that you've taken a fancy to Shen Liang," amongst the laughter, the second prince, Qin Yunlan suddenly turned to the young man still looking toward the gazebo. As the princes were all turning of age, their ambitions and covetousness for the throne were slowly revealed. Adding on that the emperor never instated a prince as crown prince, although the brothers display a harmonious relationship with one another on the surface, behind closed doors, their hatred and wish to kill one another was only in ineffable but all-knowing truth.

Immediately, all except the third prince looked over. The eighth prince, Qin Yunchen, withdrew his gaze with a shy smile, "What is second brother saying? I'm only admiring the beautiful scenery my aunt has maintained in her manor."

Out of the nine princes who had all of age, only the eldest, second, and third prince were married. Unfortunately, the second prince's madame died soon after their marriage. As for the rest, none of them had their own concubines yet.

"I'm afraid eighth brother is admiring more than just the scenery?" the fifth prince, Qin Yuntian, gave an evil smile, "I believe Shen Liang isn't just the heir of the Marquis of Donglin Manor and Shen Da's younger brother, but also the old General Wei's grandson. Father Emperor is already planning to let the Wei Family return. When the time comes, they might recognize Shen Liang back into their family. If one can take his hand in marriage, I'm afraid who wouldn't aspire to move into the East Palace?" *East Palace is where the instated Crown Prince would live.*