𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

Comincia dall'inizio

"I don't think so," Bellatrix said, bile rising in her throat, the feeling of vomiting increasing.

☯︎

Bellatrix wraps the red book in a brown cloth, tying the ribbons around it before kneeling on the floor, opening a floorboard and placing the book inside before placing the floorboard back and walking down the stairs. "You know, there's a part of me that can imagine staying here, building a life together, you, me and Jack," Bellatrix said.

"Hmm. If only it were that simple. But we don't belong in this time. Perhaps we've already been here too long." Matthew said.

"Why can't I come with you today?" Bellatrix asked.

"The Queen can be unpredictable at the best of times. But when someone has failed her, she can be especially vengeful." Matthew said.

"You're being overprotective."

"This is not about me protecting you, Bellatrix. This is about your presence making matters even worse. Find the way with your magic so we can return to the present. I'll escort you to Goody Allsop's." Matthew said before walking away causing Bellatrix to sigh.

☯︎

"Oh, Bellatrix, Diana, we've missed you," Susanna said opening the door and allowing the trio inside. "She has been unwell. We feared she would not survive the winter."

"Goody?" Diana called waking her up and making her smile. "I told you we'd come back."

"Oh! Perhaps you are the tonic I require."

"Much has happened for us since you've been away. Agnes Sampson was tortured. And Scotland is aflame with witch hunts. The persecutions are spreading south like wildfire." Susanna explained.

"We are the last of the weavers now," Goody said.

"I'll see what I can do to quell any anxiety at Whitehall," Matthew said causing Goody to turn to him.

"Master Roydon. Your countenance has changed since we last met. The dark clouds that circled you have lifted somewhat." Goody said causing Bellatrix to smile slightly.

"Kind of you to say," Matthew said.

"But there is something else," Goody said standing up quickly and turning to Bellatrix, holding her hands in front of Bellatrix's face before her hands moved to Bellatrix's stomach.

"I'm pregnant," Bellatrix whispered noticing Goody's expression.

Matthew stood and moved to the chair in front of the fire slowly as Bellatrix slowly followed as Susanna, Diana and Gooy moved to another room. "That's impossible." He said in disbelief holding his face in his hands.

"Apparently not," Bellatrix said.

"Vampires reproduce through resurrection. This child would be overturning thousands of years, millennia, of biology." Matthew said.

"It's funny, I...I felt different. But I didn't dare to entertain the thought." Bellatrix said with a small smile.

"This is uncharted territory, Bellatrix. We have to get back to our own time as soon as we can." Matthew said turning to Bellatrix.

"What about Jack?" Bellatrix asked.

"I hate the idea of leaving him as much as you do. I'll ensure that he's well looked after. First, I must placate the Queen. Then I'll make arrangements for Jack."

"We can't go back yet, Matthew. Not until I perfect my magic." Bellatrix said. "I still have the final knots to master."

"I will meet with the Queen alone. And I will buy you the time that you need."