Chapter 14 • Curtain Call

(A/n: time go get it rollinnnnn ppl, also if anyone is confused, we're on the season two storyline. Also fear not my character is not making smart choices rn, but I am building it up for character development soooo.)

•••

•••

Hawk'a P.o.V

"We're going to go for a swim, but maybe we'll play a bit with you later?"

"Most def! Uh- that means most definitely!"

"Look at you player!" Moon exclaims as she makes her way off of the Sandy volley ball court.

We had spent the whole morning playing volleyball on the beach. Me, Moon, Missy, and Demetri, and not a single time could Demetri get the ball over the net. At first it was funny, now it's just frustrating! And these girls on the beach were falling for it.

"Yeah, it would be nice if you actually earned the Cobra Kai cred you're so happy to take! when are you ever going to sign up?!" I just remember giving Demetri the dirtiest look as he basked in the glory that wasn't even real.

Lately, everything that came out of Demetri's mouth touched a nerve. I could barely stand the crap he was spewing, at this point I was only tolerating him instead of actually wanting to be around him.

If I could change, so could he! It wouldn't be that hard. Besides, kind of a shitty move to only take the credit without actually putting in any of the work. At this point, he was using us to keep himself safe.

It was annoying as hell, and pissing me off.

"I don't know, I'm kind of enjoying the gain without the pain!" He replied in a confident tone, after just having his first interaction with a couple girls that came by. I say first, because they didn't run away.

It was honestly painful to watch.

He's just so awkward, and weird. Demetri literally never stops talking about anything that has to do with science! Does he not realize that isn't attractive to women?! Like at all!

"Yeah seriously Demetri, I mean it would do you some good to join up!" Missy makes just about the same amount as effort as me to try and influence our nerdy friend into joining. "You wouldn't have to run away anymore!"

Friend, I don't even think I can really call him that anymore. We don't spend much time together, Demetri and I. These days, I was growing out of him. Only he was clinging onto to my reputation.

"Please, let's not go through this again Missy, I already said no." Demetri waved her off.

I fully agree with her though, Demetri needs to get his ass in the game. Or he's going to get left in the dust, and I won't be sorry when I kick some of the rubble up to make that happen.