⌠Chapter 7⌡

Chapter 7

"Slow down, slow down, one at a time!" he chuckled. I had been firing questions at him for the past minute or so.

"Fine," I grumbled. We were seated on the floor of my bedroom. Me leaning against my bed and him sprawled on the floor. He was always unusual that way. "What are your friends' names? Wait, no! Do you have any lady friends?" I wiggled my eyebrows at him.

He laughed at my playful antics. Either that or he was laughing at my horrible attempt of eyebrow wiggling. "No, no lady friends-"

"Lies!" I yelled at him.

"No, no lies. I haven't really been looking for a girlfriend at all."

"You're not gay, are you?"

"No," he started laughing and I glared at him, even though he couldn't see me.

"Okay. Well then tell me who your friends are," I settled.

"There's Brad, he's a year older than me. Joshua, he's the same age. Ben, a year younger, and Amy-"

"You said there was no lady friend!"

"There isn't! She's just a... friend... well I guess that's a lady friend. Nothing is going on like that though, I promise. Besides, she has a thing for Ben."

I stuck my tongue out at him. "Is that all?"

"No but those are my closest friends," he explained.

"How are you liking your classes?"

"They're good," he said.

"So how long are you staying?" I asked nervously.

"Uh," he paused for a moment. "Ree, there's something I need to talk to you about. Now don't freak out when I tell you, okay?" I nodded and took a deep breath. "I-I dropped second semester so I could be at home."

"You what?!"

"I told you not to freak out!" He sighed heavily and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Sorry," I muttered. "I'm honestly fine though, Peter, you didn't have to-"

"Just shut up, Ree, I can see through your lies. You're not okay. You can't be okay!" He sat up and pulled me closer to him. "Just stop trying to be a tough girl for a moment and tell me the truth. How many times have you cried yourself to sleep?"

"I don't know," I whispered.

"How many times have you made yourself feel so guilty you just felt like screaming to God to switch places with mom? That this is all your fault?"

"A lot," I mumbled.

"Have you ever felt so sad that you wondered what you were going to do next?"

"Probably," I muttered.

"I have the same answers as you and I'm a guy. Guy's aren't suppose to admit that they cry."

I cracked a smile and looked at him seriously. "Unless they're gay." He looked at me horrified for a moment before I couldn't hold it in any longer. I burst out laughing. "Y-y-your fa-ace!" I was rolling around at this point .

"I'm not gay, Ree."

"I know, I know." I wiped my tears from laughing off my face.

"Then why do you keep insisting it?"

"You have the most hilarious reactions, ever!" Little did he know, I was just trying to lighten the mood. Though, his reactions to that are most hilarious as well. He stuck his tongue out at me and I stuck mine out right back at him.