Chapter 13 • Stage Two

Start from the beginning

I didn't bother to move, instead I'd let them go in first to avoid awkward confrontation. Or just and awkward encounter in general. Having being said, today was going to be a stressful class... and I wasn't even close to being ready.

"Fresh fish." Eli slaps Miguel gently on the chest, and strolls up to the two boys posted up in front of the door.

"Look- it's the champs

"Look- it's the champs." One of the new kids points out as Miguel and Eli begin walking towards the door.

"Check this out."

"Don't-"

"Hey mouth breathers move it!"

"Sorry about that, I'll get the door!"

"So you guys wanna be Cobra Kais huh?" Eli questions the newbies. Mohawk takes a step forward with his fist in the air, pretending to throw a punch. In reaction the two boys flinched over the fast motion, as it was something they weren't expecting.

"You got a long road ahead of you." Was his final message to him as they entered the building.

"Why'd you do that?!"

"I didn't do anything! Huh?"

I followed behind the crowd shortly after, taking my shoes off and sliding them to the side of the mat. Throwing my bag down next to them. Once I was settled I unzipped by duffle bag and pulled out my water bottle, taking one large sip before the training session.

"What the hell?" I whispered to myself once I looked up from the ground, slowly setting my bottle down onto the floor next to my bag and shoes.

One of the mirrors was missing. That wasn't like that before? Something must have happened, because there was a mess coming from a burnt trash can, and droplets of water everywhere.

"What the hell happened here?" Miguel looks at me, Aisha, and Eli before looking at the mini dumpsters fire before him.

Aisha shrugged "I guess sensei threw a party" she stated.

"Must've been a pretty sick party" I chimed in nervously.

"Yeah especially if fire was involved!"

The three of us gave Eli a weird look before shrugging off the strange comment.

"Look how much glass there is?!"

The room was filled with murmuring teenagers before Sensei came out screaming "QUIET!" The usual way he would get our attention when we would get distracted. Only this time he was walking over to the new kids with a stern look on his face.