4. Morning Run in

Start from the beginning

Izuku feels heat on his skin that has nothing to do with the Hawaiian sun as he bites his bottom lip slightly.

He smiles, eyes only a little sheepish while he does his best to shrug even pinned down.

" Well, maybe that was all part of the plan."

Katsuki's heart skips beats in rapid succession a blush rising on tanned sharp features.

"Oh yeah?"

Just as Izuku is getting ready to respond a loud alarm sounds from each one of the lifeguard towers making Katsuki curse under his breath.

The greenett looks up at the blonde in confusion scruncing his face.

" What's that?"

Katsuki meets his gaze with a heavy sigh.

" It means I gotta go to work. That's the signal alarm letting us know it's time to take our stands for the start of our shifts. I gotta get down there Deku, sorry to cut this short."

Izuku smiles with a nod.

" It's ok Kacchan I get it. I'll see you soon though. I plan on surfing for awhile today so I'm sure I'll see you then maybe we can hang out after your shift?"

Katsuki smirks getting up and pulling the greenett to his feet.

" Yeah definitely. Make sure you come down and hit the waves by my stand so I can keep an eye on trouble making Deku's.", he teases.

Izuku laughs lightly giving the blonde a playful shove on his built shoulder.

"Well now maybe just for that I'll go surf by another stand.", he smirks at the blonde.

A slow smile works its way to a blonde lifeguard as he takes a step closer making sure green eyes are on his. He reaches up, dusting away a trace of sand across freckles as he speaks.

" I don't think you will. I'll see you in a bit Izuku.", he says with a smokiness in his tone as he turns and jogs away.

The action was small but definitely effective to Izuku who's now standing alone with a raised brow and weakened knees.

It's about two hours later that Katsuki is standing on the balcony of the lifeguard hut looking out over the water while his redheaded coworker rambles on.

" Dude you should have come to Kami's party last night. You totally missed him drinking way too much and falling through the screen door out into the rain. It was soo funny bro.", Kirishima says with a grin.

The blonde lifts his binoculars zooming in on the crystal blue waters.

" Tch. Seen him do that shit a hundred times. It's not even funny anymore it's just fucking stupid, besides I told you I had plans with Deku after work last night."

The redhead jumps up suddenly with a grin.

" Oh that's right! How'd it go man?!"

There's a smile on the blonde even though his eyes are covered by binocular lenses.

" Was good. Really good"

" Oh yeah??!", Kirishima ask with a brow wiggle.

Katsuki meets his gaze rolling his eyes at the look.

" You stupid shit. Not that kind of good. Just reconnecting and stuff."

Rose red eyes soften. He's never heard his friend talk almost gently about something let alone someone.

" That's great man. So when you seeing him again."

The blonde's eyes shift back out across the beach.