Episode 23: End of War

Start from the beginning

"Hey," I said, popping up out of nowhere.

Takemichi, Hina, and Naoto jumped up. Hina's expression looked sorrowful.

"(Y/n) ... I'm sorry," she frowned. "But we think that Mikey's cheating on you."

"What?" I muttered in shock. "With who?"

"Look," Takemichi pointed to Mikey with a girl clinging onto him.

Emma, his sister. Wow I was scared for a second. Wait a minute, Hinata knows that their siblings, did she seriously forget already? Oh well, I'll play along.

"That jackass!" I growled, tightening my fist.

"Don't worry," Hina comforted me. "We'll get to the bottom of this. This is strange. Emma lives and breathes Draken and Mikey loves (Y/n), this can't be happening! There's something quite suspicious going on. Don't you agree, Takemichi?"

The boy just nodded his head in agreement. I still had my hands covering my face. It looked like I was crying, but I was actually laughing. This is definitely the highlight of my day.

"Well, I intend to solve this mystery!" Hinata said, determined. "Solve it in the name of my grandfather!"

The boys looked at each other in confusion. It must be all of the detective movies that she was telling me about.

"Let's go then," I asserted, with a fake upset face. "We don't want to lose sight of them."

We ended up hiding behind a wall outside of an outdoor patio, where Emma was feeding Mikey ice cream.

"So, where'd you get that pipe, Hina?" Takemichi asked, while Hinata took the pipe out of her mouth.

"Pay attention, dear Watson," Hinata said with an accent. "Focus on Emma's eyes."

"Her eyes?" Takemichi was very confused.

"Those are definitely the eyes of a girl in love," Hinata claimed. "Women can tell."

I think that Hinata needs her movie privileges revoked.

"I don't think that's how it works," I sweat dropped.

"Well, you're just in denial," Hina claimed, patting my back.

Takemichi's eyes went down to Emma's boobs when he started to make his conclusion. "Yeah, she's definitely in love."

Hinata side punched that moron.

"Creep, I told you to look at her eyes!"

"There it is, Hinata's detective punch out," Naoto pointed out.

"Hey, Takemichi?" one of Takemichi's friends walked up to us.

"Yamagishi?"

The boys were sitting and chatting, while Hina and I watched the so-called "couple." He joined us in our detective squad, informing us of his intel.

"I've been hearing rumors about this Emma chick myself." Yamagishi explained. "My sources tell me that there were numerous sightings of Emma leaving Mikey's house along with him and it's always early in the morning. The obvious conclusion would be she's spending the night with him and leaving early the next morning."

No shit she's spending the night, they live together because they're siblings. They go to the same school, so surprise, they walk there together early in the morning.

"That's super bad news," Takemichi frowned.

"As tragic as it is," Hinata placed a hand on my back. "We have to face the fact that this mystery is now completely solved. I'm sorry (Y/n), but Emma and Mikey are positively a couple two timers!"

"Eh, Mikey's a little bitch anyways," I waved off.

"Wait, really?" Takemichi shouted. "Just like that?"

"I should've thrown him in with the tigers yesterday," I joked.

"All that's left now is to get their confessions!" Hinata proposed.

"Uh, you're not going to ambush them, are you?" Takemichi panicked.

"I really don't think that's a very good idea," I added.

"It's the only way to know for sure," she claimed. "If this is happening, I feel terrible for Draken, and you too (Y/n)."

Oh well, can't say I didn't warn her. Hinata was dragging me with her, when all of a sudden, Draken started stomping behind us. Oh shit!

"Who did your girlfriend say she feels terrible for!" Draken growled.

Hinata slammed her hand on the table as I stood behind her, embarrassed.

"Hey, what's up?" Emma questioned.

"Please, you two don't even try to lie," Hinata exclaimed, as I held back my laughter. "Tell me what's going on!"

"Huh?"

"Draken?" Emma shouted, seeing the tall male approaching.

This could not be any better. Even Takemichi was on the ground, scared for what would come next.

"Check this out," Draken smirked. "Hanging out with your little sister on her birthday, Mikey."

"Ugh, shut up!" Mikey blushed.

I could no longer contain my laughter.

"Wait, did you not know about that Takemichi?" Draken turned to the detective squad. "Mikey and Emma here are brother and sister, though their moms are different."

Both Takemichi and Hinata screamed.

"Now that you mention it, they kinda do look alike," Takemichi realized.

"You think so?" Mikey frowned.

"Why didn't you tell me that," Hina yelled at me.

"I'm sorry, it was funny," I laughed.

"You know I could've sworn I told you, Hina," Emma admitted.

"Damn, is that true detective," Takemichi fumed. "How about you, Yamagishi?"

Busted. Hinata, Yamagishi, and Naoto were looking at the desserts, ignoring the blonde.

"Wow, doesn't this parfait look delicious?"

"That sure does look... fluffy."

"Here," Draken smiled, placing a pink teddy bear on Emma's head. "Have a happy birthday, Emma."

EEEEEEEEEEEE! OH MY GOD! BABY STEPS!

"Woah, that's the thing you wanted from the arcade the other day," Mikey realized.

"Well then, I guess I'll see you later," Draken walked off, leaving the girl blushing at the bear.

"We're so happy for you Emma!" Hina and I cheered.

We all left to go our separate ways. This will definitely be the main topic at our sleepover. Katsume definitely missed a lot.

The next day, we had another Toman meeting. We all took our places as usual, but Takemichi did stand out in his new uniform. It's about time.

"You've changed up your look I see," Draken claimed.

"Yeah, I think that jacket is wearing me instead of the other way around," Takemichi admitted.

"At this time, I formally welcome you into Toman," I announce.

"Right! I accept this honor," Takemichi bowed. "Thank you."

"This meeting is now in order!" Draken shouted.

"Right!"

"This night's going to be important for you," I warn Takemichi.

"I hope you're ready," Draken added.

Draken and I stayed at the bottom with everyone else this time, which I found odd. Mikey stood at the front, with Hanma, Chifuyu, and Katsume standing behind him. Finally, this whole ordeal can be resolved. It took them long enough.

"Our gathering tonight is about to get messy," Draken claimed. "We're settling things for good after Bloody Halloween."