The Ghosts of My Actions (Consequences)

Start from the beginning

"So," She continued, gnashing the fruit beneath her teeth, "Any luck with Camila?"

"Ugh, chew your food before you talk, you overgrown toddler. And yeah, she sent me a letter. Wants me to send Hunter to the Human Realm this weekend."

"That's not a bad idea! He seemed to really thrive while he was there, right?" Eda asked after she finally finished chewing.

"I guess so." A tense pause. "She also suggested that I consider sending him to therapy..."

Eda froze in her seat, hand halted midair as she reached for another slice of fruit. "Oh boy, not the 'big T'. He'd never agree to that, you know how stubborn he is. Belos permanently stripped his ability to ask for help as soon as he could talk."

"I know, that's the problem. But... I think it'd be good for him. He barely sleeps, he's incredibly stressed about everything, and I don't think he's ever relaxed. The kid's gonna have a heart condition by the time he's 18 at this rate."

"Listen, you're gonna have a heart condition by the time he's 18 if you let it go on like this. I know it's hard, but unfortunately it's only gonna get worse if you don't do something. Sure, Hunter won't be thrilled, but he trusts you and Camila, so I know he'll come around." Eda encouraged. Darius nodded, pinching his brows between his middle finger and his thumb.

------------------------------------------------------------------

At school, Hunter waded upstream through hoards of students. It seemed like each of them pushed past him, then whipped their heads around to give him a bewildered stare. The close proximity to so many witches and demons, coupled with the loud hallways made his scars itch. He anxiously fed his belongings to his locker, before anxiously readying himself for his first class. It brought him deep relief to spot Amity, Willow, and Gus gathered around another locker halfway down the hall.

"Guys!" He called from down the hallway. Gus looked up first, and beamed when he saw Hunter.

"Hey, look who it is!" the illusionist exclaimed with a point of his finger. Soon, everyone was smiling and hugging.

"Well, pull out your schedule, I wanna know what classes you're taking!" Amity prompted.

"Ah, no need, I've got the whole thing memorized!" Hunter smiled, flashing the gap in his teeth. With ease, he listed off his classes, their times, and his teachers' names.

Biology first, then Ancient Magical History, Gym for 3rd period, and then lunch. After that, Hunter had opted to take classes from the Plant Coven, the Beast Taming Coven, and the Potions Coven. There may have not been a Coven system to abide by anymore, but the school had opted to continue to offer classes from each coven to help students decide what they were interested in studying.

With his friends' excited approval, coupled with their well wishes, Hunter trotted off to class. He shared Gym class with Willow, but that was the only class that he knew somebody in. Because he was older than his friends, he'd been placed in classes with students his age.