Sticking together

After a night in the reptile kingdom, the gang got back on the trail. Alberta led, along with Leon, and the two of them were chatting in an animated fashion. Meanwhile, Coahuila and Texas were watching the pair intently.

"I'm glad Leon made a friend... and that he's safe," Texas said, smiling at his little brother. Coahuila smiled awkwardly, nodding.

"Yeah... um... I'm sorry for getting so mad at you by the way... I was so worried we lost him for good... I shouldn't have taken it out on you," Coahuila said. Texas looked at his sister, a surprised expression on his face.

"Huilita, there's no need to be sorry! I'm his older brother... I should have tried harder to protect him," Texas said. Coahuila shook her head.

"No Texas, we're both his older siblings... we should have worked together to save him... Mom and dad were right... we should have each other's backs.... No matter how annoying you can be," Coahuila said. Texas smiled wryly.

"So you finally accept you're stuck with me and my annoying sense of humor?" Texas said. Coahuila rolled her eyes.

"I suppose, as long as you let me tease you about Cali forever, even after you two get married~," Coahuila cooed. Texas blushed deeply and giggled, shoving Coahuila playfully. Meanwhile, Nuevo León peaked over his shoulder at his older siblings, happy to see them getting along.

"Alberta, do you have siblings?" Nuevo León asked, wanting to know everything about his newfound wolf friend. Alberta smiled.

"There's a pack I used to run with that are like family to me... I know a couple foxes, some birds... I don't have any 'siblings' I hang around all the time though...," Alberta said. "I guess I do have a girlfriend, but we stopped talking so much so we're probably over."

"Oh... a girlfriend?" Leon asked.

"Mhm, a girlfriend. We've been together for a bit but we've drifted apart recently," Alberta said. Leon nodded quietly. "How about you? Do you have any girls back in the kingdom waiting for you?" Alberta asked. Leon shook his head.

"I've never dated," Leon said. Alberta tilted his head like a confused puppy, which Leon couldn't help but find adorably hilarious.

"You're literally a prince, and you're telling me you've never had a girlfriend?" Alberta asked. Leon shrugged.

"I don't talk to a lot of girls... other than my brothers friends I guess?" Leon said. Alberta shook his head.

"You need to put yourself out there more, maybe you'll find a girl," Alberta said. Leon just nodded meekly.

"I guess..."

Suddenly, the mockingbirds began to chirp happily, circling around the group.

"Were getting close! We'll be in the amphibian kingdom in no time!" France exclaimed. The group cheered happily, not noticing an angry wolf pack watching from a distance....