Cont. (Also Minnies here)

Texas was walking ahead of the group silently, California following close behind. He wanted to say something to make Texas feel better, but also didn't want to risk saying the wrong thing. The fact that they could still hear Coahuila losing in a fight against her tears made them feel a lot worse. Alabama eventually decided to go check on the princess.

"Coahuila? Can I-,"

"Shut up," Coahuila spat, as Alabama climbed into the wagon she was hiding in.

"Coahuila, I know you're sad, but-,"

"Stop it, just stop...," Coahuila said, hiding her face. Alabama sighed. They sat in silence for a moment... "I should have never suggested this... why couldn't Texas just let that old bastard die?! Now we lost our brother... our baby brother who had a whole life ahead of him...," Coahuila cried. Alabama sighed.

"We take risks for the people we love... you suggested we find the healing temple because you understood your brothers pain. Texas didn't realize León would get hurt. You didn't realize either. You both tried to protect him, and you did the best you could... and it is not your fault," Alabama said. Coahuila took a deep breath.

"If Leon shifted he wouldn't have had a problem fighting those wolves... if Texas didn't let the wolves tackle him-,"

"Well, we can't change that now, can we?" Alabama said. Coahuila was silent. "If I wasn't such a careless teen I would still have both my legs... but I never made that mistake again. Your limbs are expendable, so you never had to learn it that way... but brothers, those are somethin you can't just replace... so please, try to at least keep the one you have left," Alabama said. Coahuila remained silent, letting his words sink in.

Meanwhile, Alberta and Leon were silently walking through the woods.

"....um... So... do you have a pack?" Leon asked, trying to ease the tension.

"Not really... Most wolf packs are nomadic, and I don't really like moving from place to place on someone else's terms... I've got friends pretty much everywhere, so I just go where I want... which I guess is also nomadic, but I usually go to the same places every time I travel," Alberta said. León nodded.

"Interesting... I never really leave my kingdom, to be honest... my mom thinks it's too dangerous anyway. I guess she was right," León said.

"I really haven't seen a lion in ages... I guess I don't blame you for hiding," Alberta said. León nodded.

"I just hope my brother and sister aren't too worried...," León said.

"ALBERTAAAAA!" They heard someone exclaim happily. León screamed and hid behind Alberta, who smiled at the person who called out to him.

"Canada! What are you doing out here?" Alberta exclaimed, as Canada and Minnesota rushed over to them.

"The mockingbirds told the empress that the prince went missing! We are looking for him- oh... Hi you're highness!" Minnesota exclaimed, upon seeing Leon.

"Wait... PRINCE?" Alberta exclaimed, as Minnesota gave Leon one of those auntie hugs.

"Mhm! Thanks for finding him, Al!" Canada exclaimed. Alberta bowed before León.

"I'm sorry if I came off as rude, I didn't realize you were royalty!" Alberta exclaimed. León laughed.

"Apology not accepted, because I know you only feel bad because my mom is the empress and can smite you for your attitude towards me... but I will spare you from my moms wrath, because you quite literally saved my skin," León said. Alberta smiled.

"Well, we should take you back to your mother now," Canada said.

"Wait! I want to go back to my siblings, so I can tell them I'm ok!" León exclaimed. Canada sighed, about to object, but Minnesota placed a hand on his arm.

"Don't worry, I'll escort him to his siblings. You go back to the empress and let her know her baby is ok," Minnesota said. Canada smiled at her and nodded. They started going their separate ways, Alberta just kinda watching awkwardly... before León turned back to him.

"C'mon, oh lonely one! This cowardly lion needs his puppy," León teased. Alberta laughed, before jokingly scoffing.

"You turned the tables on me there, oh cowardly one," Alberta said. Minnesota smiled at the boys.

"Wow, your highness... I've never heard you so sassy before! We're keeping this wolf, he seems to be a great influence," Minnesota said. The boys smiled, following Minnesota along to the reptile kingdom.