An Adventure?

Texas rushed into Spain's bedroom, where he was lying on his bed, eyes squinted in pain. Texas rushed to his side and held his hand tightly in his own, before looking up at his distraught parents with tears in his eyes.

"Mom! will he be ok?" Texas exclaimed in worry. Mexico and America glanced at each other, as if contemplating whether or not to admit that they don't know.

"Leóncito... go get France," America said gently. Texas realized his siblings were in the corner. León ran off to get France, and Texas focused back on Spain.

"Papá... how are you feeling?" Texas asked. Spain took a deep breath, but it turned to a cough.

"Todo duele...," Spain said weakly. Soon, France and Britain rushed in the room, California trailing behind them holding Francis, who was crying.

"Ay! France, I didn't know you gave birth already! I'm sorry if this inconveniences you...," Mexico said, taking Francis and cradling him. Francis immediately stopped crying and started playing with Mexico's shiny necklace.

"No worries, I'm never too busy to help a friend," France said, taking a vile out of her emergency medicine bag. The others left the room. Mexico handed Britain his son and held Texas in a hug.

"Ay, Águilito, it will be ok," Mexico said. Texas just tried his best not to sob, but he couldn't help but let out small fearful whimpers. He knew Spain was very ill, but he wasn't ready to say goodbye just yet. So, when France left Spain's room looking somber, Texas felt his heart drop.

"There... there isn't much I can do... h-he... he probably only has a few weeks left... maybe talk to him about an assisted suicide so he's not suffering-,"

"NO!" Texas yelled tearfully, trying to run to Spain's side despite his parents holding him back. "You can't! please! he'll get better! I know he will!" Texas cried. Coahuila stared at her brother, who was crying so hard he seemed to be in more pain than Spain. Even though she never really liked Texas, she felt the sorrow in his desperate sobs.

"Wait... I know something that can save him," Coahuila said.

"What?" Texas asked, trying to wipe his eyes as if everyone hadn't already watched him break down for the past few minutes.

"In the Amphibian kingdom... the ancient healing temple...," Coahuila said.

"No, that's way too dangerous... besides, nobody has been in the temple for years! you'll be lucky if you make it out in one piece!" France exclaimed. Coahuila chuckled.

"You're tellin the Axolotl that?" Coahuila said. California crossed his arms.

"Nope, no way you're risking your life in an adventure...," California started, before smirking. "At least, not without me you won't. Texas, León, you comin with?" California asked.

"No! I won't let my babies go alone!" America exclaimed.

"I'll go too then... They'll need help navigating the forest. America, can you and Britain take care of Spain and the baby? Britain may help you on both accounts," France said. America nodded, taking Francis.

"Me and baby are gonna be best friends, right baby?" America said. Francis giggled.

"Aw, good, you two are getting along great already!" France said, before giving Britain a kiss. "Je reviens bientôt mon amour," France said. Britain nodded.

"Stay safe, love," Britain said. Texas smiled at France in a 'I told you you didn't need a love potion' kind of way.

"Well, can't let my best friend, other-mom, and little sister go on their owns... Ok, I'm going... León?" Texas said. León glanced at both his siblings and took a deep breath, crossing his arms and flicking his tail.

"I-I'll go...," León said. Mexico sighed, gathering her children before her.

"Be very careful mis amores... France will heal you if you're hurt... but if you feel you need to come home, have someone fly back and get me so me or your father can pick you up. DO NOT TRY TO NAVIGATE THE FOREST YOURSELF BECAUSE THAT IS HOW PEOPLE DIE," Mexico exclaimed, the kids nodded, and gave Mexico a hug. They went to let Spain know about the healing stone, and how he could be saved.

"N-no... Texas, don't go... you'll get hurt... I don't want that," Spain choked out, before coughing. Texas gave him a hug.

"I can't lose you Spain... getting hurt is a risk I'm willing to take," Texas said.

"I'm old mi hijo, you're still young... don't waste your time-,"

"I made my decision Spain. I'm young. I'm dumb. I'm stubborn. I got time to waste, and I'll spend it all to keep you alive," Texas said. Spain sighed, knowing there was no convincing Texas to change his mind.

"Good luck, mi hijo," Spain said.