Reunion

Texas and his crew finally made it to the reptile kingdom, where they decided to stay the night at an inn. Texas and California rented their own room (after Alabama made sure to thoroughly embarrass California by lecturing him about how he's 'too young to be doing certain things').

Texas collapsed on the bed in the room they rented, and curled up into a ball.

"Tex.... I know you're upset... do you need to talk about it...?" California asked softly. Texas didn't respond right away, and just hugged his knees closer to his chest.

"... I just don't even know if I can continue on... I lost my baby brother... b-but I know if I don't go on, I'll lose Spain too...," Texas breathed. California lied next to Texas and hugged his close.

"I know... d-do you think there's a chance that León... is safe?" California asked.

"I don't want to be hopeful... because when you're proven wrong, it's even more heartbreaking...," Texas said softly. California nodded sadly.

"Hello? Tex? Cali?" They heard Virginia say as she opened their bedroom door.

"What is it?" Texas asked.

"We were going to go explore the reptile kingdom... to look for supplies," Virginia said. "Do you guys wanna join...? Coahuila said she didn't want to... so I figured maybe you would...?" Virginia asked. Texas wasn't entirely sure he wanted to, but he figured it might be good for him to go out and see his neighboring kingdoms.

"Ok... we'll join you...,"

Meanwhile, Alberta, Leon, and Minnesota were almost to the reptile kingdom. Minnesota was leading, watching the mockingbirds who were guiding them along; meanwhile, she was eavesdropping on Nuevo León and Alberta giggling with each other, learning more about one another.

"After this adventure, I hope my mother lets me go out more... I'd love to see all of the cool things you've seen!" Nuevo León said cheerfully. Alberta smiled.

"Yeah... I could lead you to all my favorite spots across the forest... it'll be fun to finally have company," Alberta said. Suddenly, the mockingbird chirped and circled around Minnesota.

"We're right outside the kingdom! Oh, hurry! Let's see if we can find your siblings!" Minnesota exclaimed. Nuevo León nodded enthusiastically, and the trio rushed into the kingdom.

Meanwhile, Texas was following his friends around the kingdom in solemn silence. It seemed that everything around him reminded him of his younger brother...

"Texas!" California exclaimed.

"Hm?" Texas responded halfheartedly. California nudged Texas and pointed him to a young Lion...

"N-no... there's no way...," Texas breathed, trying to get a closer look. Suddenly, him and the Lion locked eyes... and the joy and relief on the lions face confirmed to Texas who he was seeing.

"LEON!" Texas exclaimed. The brothers ran to each other and fell into a hug. "I-I thought we lost you... oh my god....," Texas cried.

"I'm ok... Alberta saved me," Leon said, motioning to Alberta who was awkwardly standing next to the brothers. Texas smiled and shook Albertas hand.

"Thank you so much... we have to tell Coahuila you're alive! She was devastated!" Texas exclaimed. Leon nodded, and the group ran back to the inn. Texas knocked enthusiastically on Coahuilas door.

"Go away... I don't want to talk to you," Coahuila groaned.

"Huilita! Pleaseeee! Leon is here!"

"...what?!"

Coahuila opened the door, and tears immediately fell from her eyes.

"Leoncito!" Coahuila cried, holding her brother close. Texas joined this hug, and so did Virginia because she likes hugs.

"How? I thought the wolves took you... how did you get away...?" Coahuila asked. Nuevo León wrapped an arm around Alberta.

"Well, this lone wolf saved me! He said he's willing to help us along to the amphibian kingdom!" Leon exclaimed. Alberta nodded.

"I know this forest like the back of my hand... I promise to protect your cowardly Lion too," Alberta teased. Leon snickered, shoving Alberta.

"Whatever, you lonely puppy," Leon teased. Texas and Coahuila smiled, surprised to see their typically reclusive and shy brother joke around with someone so confidently.

"Well Alberta, You're more than welcome to join us!" Texas exclaimed. Alberta and Nuevo León smiled.

"Thank you, I won't let you down!"