DINNER/Chapter 16

Scaramouche would maintain his cold and arrogant personality when he was next to the Fatui, after all, that was his personality...
__________________

Pierro looked at Scaramouche in surprise.
"Balladeer? Weren't you dead 500 years ago?"

Arlecchino looked scared.
"Scaramouche?"

Everyone was so surprised, expect for Dottore, because he already knew that Kazuha would bring Scaramouche back to life.

Scaramouche looked straight forward, his face impassive and cold as ice.
"Indeed. I have been brought back to life by Kazuha."
His response was short and straight to the point.
He refused to make eye contact with anyone, as if trying to show that he wasn't even slightly bothered by their surprise. He knew his return would be met with shock, and that's why he acted as if it were all completely normal. Nothing fazed him, or so he made everyone believe.

Kazuha looked impressed by Scara's control, he could change his personality so easily...

Pantalone was completely shocked.
"The legend is back..."

Dottore rolled his eyes.
"That puppet isn't better than me."

Pierro looked at Dottore, he laughed.
"Don't act so high and mighty, Dottore. Both of us can agree that Scaramouche is the best harbinger here, the strongest and most powerful."
Pierro looked at Scaramouche.
"I'm glad that you're back, the fatui had difficulties without you."

Childe looked at Kazuha and then he looked at Scaramouche.
"Is that your boyfriend?"
He looked curious.

Scaramouche looked indifferent, but he was actually quite pleased to hear the compliments. Kazuha had been absolutely correct in his belief that his return would be celebrated.
He looked slightly amused by Childe's blunt question, but he chose to respond in a direct and to-the-point manner. After all, Childe has been an annoyance for him in the past, and he refused to let him get any satisfaction out of this conversation.
"Indeed he is."
He said simply.

Childe looked surprised, because Scaramouche never allowed himself to like someone, but he didn't say anything, he knew that Scaramouche would get mad if he talked more.

Scara sat on the comfortable chair of the restaurant and then he grabbed Kazuha and put him on his lap.
Kazuha blushed and he looked at the Fatui with a confused expression, not sure if he should say anything.

Scaramouche laughed to himself, knowing full well how the Fatui would react to seeing him with Kazuha. He also couldn't help but think just how cute Kazuha looked when he was flushed and confused, as he was now.
He smiled, stroking Kazuha's back as he spoke with the other Fatui.
"It is good to see all of you again. I appreciate all of the kind words and compliments."
He was being completely serious.
"And yes, Kazu is my boyfriend."
He added casually, not expecting any particular reaction.

Columbina looked at Scaramouche in confusion.
"You...have a boyfriend? I thought you were straight."
She sighed.
"And... Weren't you the one who always hated humanity and wanted revenge? I never thought you would be able to trust someone again."

"I still hate humanity. I just make an exception for Kazu."
He laughed, knowing full well how ridiculous he sounded.
"Kazu is the only person in the world who knows my true self. He understands me, and he accepts me, even though I am a literal monster."
He glanced over at Kazuha, smirking.
"No one would be able to put up with my true self. But he... He handles me like a champ."
He chuckled.