XIV. The Past Life

Moonjo's POV

"Congratulations Mrs Seo and Mr Seo! You have a healthy baby boy!" I watched them as my parents in my previous life held me in their arms for the first time while crying. My mom looked so much younger than how she looked when I met her again.

"Ahh.. our baby. Ga-Eunna.. you did so amazing." The man which appeared to be my dad gave me to my mom as she smiled. "Our baby Moonjo.. he looks just like you, Byungho" "he definitely has my eyes"

I was witnessing everything in my life. The time I was born, the time my parents died in the fire and how I was left alone and almost die until a lady came and took me in. That lady looked oddly familiar too and I couldn't make out who she is but.. as I continued to spectate my previous life, she turned me crazy.

"N-no.. I didn't do it! I didn't kill him!" I was my past 10 years old self cried as he dropped the bloody knife he used to kill another kid. I was speechless, I was so young and I killed somebody.

"Moonjo-ah.. don't be scared. This is just the beginning" the lady told me as she grinned and then the look on my face changed. I looked.. psychotic. My eyes suddenly turned so dark with no emotions it was as if I'm accepting who I really am and.. enjoyed the adrenaline of killing others.

I watched as my previous self turned old and graduated med school with honors and became a respected dentist but.. I also became a serial killer, a murderer, a psychotic person and whenever I killed someone, I looked so experienced and calm it was as if it's normal.

My past self is now in his 30s and he killed a man. He walked into that suspicious looking studio and went up to the roof top.

"Unit 303?" I watched as my past self walked up to a man. "Ah yes.. who are you?" "Oh-hello. I live next door" Past Moonjo told him as he stared at him. "Yoon Jongwoo right?" "Yes..how do you know?" "Oh the landlady told me" he nodded as he stared off into the view.

"Jongwoo? What is he doing here in my past life?" I questioned myself as I watched me staring at Jongwoo.

"Excuse me, but why do you keep smiling at me?" "I'm sorry if that's offensive" "oh no—" "it's just.. I like it" I watched Jongwoo as he looked shocked and I offered him a beer while trying to start a conversation.

"You have delicate hands, are you a writer?" "Yes, how do you know?" "Every person have different mood.. i do something similar. I dissect... reassemble and recreate."

"Why does Jongwoo look so uncomfortable.. what am I doing?" I watched as I struck another conversation topic which finally made Jongwoo's face lit up.

Everything went by quick. I was observing so many fucked up things in my life. I turned Jongwoo into a psychopath like my past self and made him kill, gaslight him into making him believed that he killed me then kidnapped him after 6 months later. I was a horrible person. Was this the reason why I became a grim reaper? No, if it was the reason then it's not enough.

It didn't end there, my past life. I observed the way I confessed my love to Jongwoo, how I took care of him and protect him. I observed how Jongwoo felt in love with my past self which he should never have.

And then.. after observing for a while I was watching Jongwoo died and now my heart ached.

"Jongwoo, darling. Run please, you must go!" My past self told Jongwoo as he frantically tried to shield Jongwoo from the police. "No! If I go, you'll die! I can't lose you again" he cried as he held onto my body, refusing to let me go.

"Darling look at me" I told him as I tilted his chin to make him look at me as I softly smiled at him. "I've committed many crimes, therefore it's normal if I die but you.. you're an angel. You cannot die because of me.. I promised to protect you"

"That's bullshit! I've killed people too, I'm not an angel. I'll stay here with you—" he stopped when he saw a police officer aiming a gun straight at me, intended on killing me but not injuring me

"Moonjo!" He said as he pushed me out of the way and then..

Bang.

It hurts just like when I saw Jongwoo for the first time in my grim reaper life. My heart is aching fast. I'm crying again. I watched myself cried as he held Jongwoo's lifeless body close, his blood smearing all over my clothes. He was crying uncontrollably, just like how I cried when I accidentally touched Jongwoo and now it all made sense.

the vision I saw of Jongwoo was how he died. The rings on my past self and Jongwoo's fingers were our promise rings. I remembered everything now.

Suddenly my past self picked up the gun on the ground that he used to shoot the cops while he still held Jongwoo with one of his hand.

"Stop.. motherfucker you cannot kill yourself after you tortured so many people! You must face your sim you coward!" I tried to warn my past self but of course, he can't hear it.

"Jagiya.. I'm so sorry.. I'm so sorry. You're my everything and now you're gone and—" my past self stopped as he smiled at the dead Jongwoo. "I love you so much.. I hope I can meet you again"

After that a bang was heard. My past self shot himself and now he's dead.
———————

I was brought back to the reality. I am now alone and now I understand everything. I became a grim reaper wasn't because of how I killed those people so cruelly and viciously but because I killed myself and left my sim behind. I made so many people suffered and killed myself without facing my action's consequences.

My head hurts and my heart aches. I remembered everything now—how important Jongwoo was to me—no. How important Jongwoo is to me. But I wasn't sure if he's the Jongwoo in my past life but there's only one way to find out.

———-
I apologize for any spelling mistakes or grammar mistakes because I didn't do a recheck.