VI. Getting to know the Death

Jongwoo's POV

My jaw dropped.

No but literally, I'm standing in front of his humongous house—no a fucking mansion.

"Come on" he said as he walked towards the house and vanished through the door. "Huh?! Wait how can I get in?! The door is locked." I told the grim reaper from the other side of the door. After a bit, the door opened but no one was there so I walked in and the door automatically closes itself.

"I'm sorry, I forgot that you're also living with me now. Would you like a tour of the house or rest first?" He turned around to face me as he wait for me to answer. "The house is really big.. the tour will take a lot.." I said as I looked at him. "I can show you your room first and we'll see from there" "wait I have my own room?!" He smiled as he nodded.

"I think you should come live with me" The grim reaper said as I gasped loudly. "It's a suggestion.. you can think about it" I nodded as I thought about it. I mean living with the death lord seems crazy but I can be under his protection and besides, I could help him with house work when he goes out on his duties.

I looked back at the grim reaper and I nodded. "I think.. I will come with you" "Alright. I'll wait for you outside your school when your classes end" he said as he disappeared.

He led me up to the second floor as I followed closely behind. We walked pass some doors and then he stopped in front of a door, looking at me. "This is it" he said as he waited for me to open the door. I did what he expected me to do and went inside the empty room. "Woah! It's really spacious!" I said as he smiled at me.

"It's empty right now.. you can decorate it however you want to" "really?! But I don't have any money" "I'll take care of the finances, don't worry" I nodded as I walked over to stand in front of the handsome grim reaper.

I looked at him as he looked back at me confusingly. "Seo hyung" "yes?" I bowed to him which made him a little shock. "Thank you!" He sighed as he smiled. "It's for the best" i regained my position as the grim reaper leaned against the wall which is oddly attractive...

"It's really late. You should get some rest later" "okay, I'll sleep on the couch for the time then" "Says who?" He asked which made me confused. "I mean.. the room is not furnished yet so I'll take the couch" I replied while smiling. "Take my room. I'll sleep on the couch instead" "what? No no! It's okay! I don't want to be a burden.." "you're not and I don't get enough sleep anyway so take it" I sighed in defeat as I nodded.

"I'll go make my dinner.. do you want anything?" "Will it be okay?" "Of course.. now you want anything?" "Anything is fine" he nodded as he vanished again.

I'll need to get used to that and get used to living with the handsome grim reaper!

——————

We are sitting across from each other. I've noticed that he made himself a salad and he cooked a normal Korean dinner for me. "Are you vegetarian?" "No, I just felt like having salad. Why?" "No reason, just curious" he nodded as we ate our dinner in comfortable silence but it was soon broken by the grim reaper.

"You know since we're living together now.. we should at least get to know each other so it'll be easier to escape some situations" "oh alright!" I said as I placed my fork down.

"You can ask me first but you must know that I don't know anything about my past" he suggested and I nodded. "Why do you avoid physical contact?" He looked at me dead in the eyes before sighing. "If I made skin contact with someone, I'll be able to see their past.. the last time you suddenly grabbed my wrist made me saw a part of your past" I nodded in amusement.

"Why did you cry?" "I don't know why myself. Life is a mystery" I nodded as I asked some more questions about how his works work and he asked me questions about myself too. We got to know each other quite well.

"Well.. I have to do some work. Sleep well Jagiya" "okay see you later—wait what?!" Before I could say anything else, he suddenly vanished away again.

Did he just call me 'babe' again?!

————
I'm still sick :( I'm so sorry for this short and delayed update! I'm actually dying lol