VIII. Seo.. M?

Jongwoo's POV

It was currently 11:20 PM and the handsome grim reaper didn't return yet and to be honest, I couldn't sleep. I am tossing and turning in his bed that smells just like the grim reaper which is really nice.

 I am tossing and turning in his bed that smells just like the grim reaper which is really nice

His room is big and beautifully decorated in a very elegance manner but also very dark. Is this a trend amongst the grim reapers? I would never know.

I sighed as I stopped tossing and turning and actually trying to sleep. Just as I was starting to fall asleep, the door to the room opened. I opened one of my eyes to check to see the handsome grim reaper walking into the room. He took off his coat and hat and hung it on the clothes hanger as he disappeared into his wardrobe.

He is back home, I thought to myself. However, he does not look happy instead he looks really upset.

I sighed as I opened my eyes fully and tossed the sheets down to my waist. "I'm sorry did I woke you up?" The grim reaper appeared in the room again after he walked out of the closet with some clothes in his hand.

"No, I couldn't sleep" I said as he walked over to me on his bed. "You should go to sleep, it's really late" "I'm trying but I really couldn'tttt" I said as I groaned. He chuckled as he set his clothes on the nightstand and took the cover carefully from next to my waist—without touching my bare waist—and gently place them on top of me.

"Go to sleep or I will make you sleep on the couch instead" I whined as I nodded. "Fine.." "Good night" he said as he disappeared into thin air again.

••••••••

It is now 3 AM as I still lay on the bed, still wide awake. Tonight was odd. I couldn't sleep at all. I sighed in defeat as I decided to go get water just in case it could clear my mind and I could sleep afterwards. I got out of my bed as I made my way outside the grim reaper's bedroom and I walked carefully so I won't wake him up.

As I got down to the kitchen, I quickly poured myself a glass of water and took the glass with me to drink it in the bedroom. As I stepped outside the kitchen, I spotted a figure sitting on the couch in the living room in complete darkness. I figured out that it is the grim reaper but he should be asleep by now which he isn't so I decided to down the glass of water there, washed the glass, stored it back in the cabinet then I walked over to the living room.

"Hyung?" I called out to the grim reaper as I made my way in front of the couch that he is sitting on. "You're not asleep?" I asked as he looked up to see me in the eyes and I could tell that he is not happy at all. "Can I sit?" He nodded as I sat next to him without touching him. "Is something wrong?" "Mhmm.. nothing is wrong" liar. "But your face says otherwise" "what do you mean?" "You looked really sad" "nonsense, grim reapers don't feel emotions" he said as he turned to look at me.

"Well I don't know about others but this grim reaper that is sitting in front of me right now has shown me emotions" he sighed as he smiled. "You're really adorable and very observant" I felt myself slightly blush as I cleared my throat. "But seriously, is everything okay?" He said nothing as he sighed. "It just something happened at work" "What happened?" "I met my mother" ....what "w-wait your mom from your previous life?" He slowly nodded as he looked down.

Clearly my handsome grim reaper need some comforting after encountering his mother from his previous life. Suddenly an idea popped up. "Can I try something?" "..sure" he hesitantly agreed as I quickly got off the couch to go find a blanket. After finding nothing, I ran to wear I kept my suitcases and took out my long, warm winter scarf and hurried back to the living room.

As I reached the grim reaper again, I stood in front of him as I placed my long scarf around his neck and covering other parts that showed his bare skin with the scarf. "Pull away if you see anything okay?" "What are you doing—" before he could finish I sat down next to him then wrapped my arms around his strong torso. I smiled happily as I nuzzled my head against his shoulder.

"You said that you see people's past when you made skin-to-skin contact but right now I am not touching any part that expose your bare skin so I think this is okay" the grim reaper turned his head to look at me as he chuckled lowly. "You're right but I am wearing clothes.. it's okay to not wrap this scarf around me" "I know but that is for just in case"

he smiled as he turned his body towards me compared which made me pulled away a bit. He took off the scarf around his neck as he used it to cover my hair then wrapping it around my exposed neck. He then carefully pulled me into an embrace again by putting one of his hands on waist and the other one on my head.

I was shocked when he hugged back but quickly melted into the hug by hugging him back and placing my head on his chest, hearing no beats. "Just for tonight.." he whispered. "Let me stay like this just for tonight" "I am here for you any time you know?" He said nothing as he rested his chin on the top of my head with the scarf still covering my hair.

"My name it's start with an M" "o-oh—wait okay so, so far I now know your name is Seo M. I wonder what your complete name will be" "One day in the future.. I might tell you but not now"
——————