Before the conversation could go further Seonghwa steered back on track, "San please tell Mingi to meet me at the gazebo in the eternal garden at noon, inform the royal chef that I will be having lunch with him and to make enough for us". San nodded, "Yes your highness",  he bowed and quickly gave Hongjoong a kiss on the cheek before making his way out of the room. Jongho bowed and left the room as well, the male had to do some training. Seonghwa sat on the throne, his posture straight as Hongjoong stood by him. The prince had a few duties to attend to before lunch. Hopefully, he and Mingi could clear things up and start anew. 

************************************

Mingi walked to the eternal garden slowly. He was in no rush to see Seonghwa, their argument from last night still painful in his mind. Although he was a bit surprised when San said Seonghwa wanted to have lunch with him. The human honestly expected the dragon prince to grow even more distant. As he walked through the garden, his fingers lightly grazed over the soft petals of the flowers. It truly was a beautiful place, the entire palace was but it was hard to enjoy everything when he felt so confined.  The gazebo was in the center of the garden, butterflies flew past Mingi's face as he walked closer to it. The storm had lifted earlier today and the sun was shining bright in the sky, so by noon everything was dry. 

Mingi could see Seonghwa the closer he got to the gazebo, the dragon prince was taking a sip of tea as he watched a butterfly land on the corner of the table he was sitting in front of. It irritated Mingi that despite being an asshole Seonghwa was still so handsome, it was not fair. Once he got to the steps Mingi took of his placing them next to the prince's before climbing up them going unto the gazebo. Seonghwa's skin tingled a bit more intensity as Mingi sat down in front of him. "San, said you wanted to have lunch with me?" Mingi spoke, his voice deep and soft. 

Seonghwa could smell his sweet vanilla and jasmine scent, he hated how immediately it made him relax. Hopefully the scent would keep him calm and reasonable throughout the whole lunch. "Yes I did, I wanted to get to know you and apologize for how I've been treating you" Seonghwa's eyes met Mingi's. The human quickly looked away, still not able to stare Seonghwa in the eyes for too long. "I should apologize too" he muttered. Even though what Seonghwa did hurt him deeply, Mingi realized that what he did probably hurt Seonghwa too. He truly didn't want their marriage to be strained, he wanted to make it work whether that was as friends or as lovers Mingi didn't know yet. 

"I'll go first, I have more to apologize for" Seonghwa sat up straighter. "I am sorry for how I've been treating you this past month. I shouldn't have been so harsh and distant. I realized that you're also affected by the mating bond like if not more than me. You agreed to complete the bond even though you didn't have too, and you came to the dragon realm, a place that is foreign just for me. I should've been treating you with kindness and respect. I'm sorry for giving you such controlling rules and making this place feel like a prison. I never wanted, I want you see this place as home and feel safe here. I need to start living up to my wedding vows because those were the promises I made to you. I am truly sorry Mingi" Seonghwa's eyes were soft and showed his sincerity. 

Mingi was honestly taken aback by the apology he didn't think Seonghwa would actually mean it, but he could see in his eyes that he truly meant every word he said. "I accept your apology, I know this set up is probably not what you expected, I'm sure you're whole life you had it in your mind the type of person you were going to mated with and I know it wasn't someone like me" Mingi smiled softly, "I'm sorry for disrespecting your rule and sneaking out of the realm. I was just really lonely here and I missed Wooyoung. I am sorry for going to the brothel and doing all those things. I am your husband and I need to respect our relationship, I shouldn't have gone behind your back like that. It probably hurt you seeing me in that position and I also must keep my vows to you as well".