chapter vi - glimmer

You had come to hate the hate the words fate, destiny, purpose. You had even begun to despise the very concept of a God. If fate-destiny were real and then why were you given the short end of the stick. Eight long years had passed since you awoke as the Dominant of Leviathan yet your family only visited a couple of times though you didn't know if it was by choice. Tatiana had retired soon after your departure from the Dominion your mother saying it was conflict issues which pushed her away. Eight long years since you were married off, and eight long years since Joshua's passing. It still did not get easier with time but you found yourself thinking less and less about him as time passed. Perhaps it was your mind protecting you from the inevitable pain that always came when you thought of that day. only ten years old when you lost what you had now realized the love of your life. It wasn't fair but that's how life goes; you wouldn't be first nor the last person to lose someone they loved. But Life in the Empire was proved to be rather good—easy going you lived an even more lavish lifestyle then you did back in the Dominion, though it was to be expected since you were engaged to the future Emperor of the Holy Empire. You hatred towards Dion lessened the more time you spent with him and now you considered him your closest friend. You two weren't lovers no you both understood that you were put into a political marriage. It still made you laugh though when you confessed to to Dion some years ago that you had grown feelings for him; you now blame your hormones. But that is not to say you two don't engage in playful flirting with one another to keep up the facade you both are in love.

"D-Dion...I think perhaps I may have some feelings for you but I do not know if it's only because we spend so much time with one another and we're to be married." You confessed shyly to the Prince. Dion's amber eyes widened in shock his face beet red. Immediately you regretted your decision to tell him your feelings. Huffing in annoyance you turned on your heels beginning to walk away flustered. "W-wait ______!" He called out grabbing your wrist. "Please let me say something at least." He sighed rubbing his temples. You raised a brow motioning when your hand for him to hurry and speak.

"I...promise to keep this a secret between you and I." He began awaiting for your response. You nodded, "Alright I promise I suppose."

"I care for you deeply not because we are to married but I do not feel romantic feelings towards...uh...um....women?" He said quietly. Your grey eyes widened and you quickly covered your mouth with your hands trying to suppress your surprise. "You see Sir Terence and I, we have recently confessed our feelings towards one another. We are in a secret relationship and now you know our secret. I trust it will remain that way, yes?" Dion asked hesitantly scared of how you might reply. Suddenly it all made sense, they always spent time with one another you noticed the small differences in their personalities when they were around one another. Then you began to giggle tears pooling at the corner of your eyes. "________?"' Dion asked. Shaking you head you used your fingers to wipe the tears away, "I'm okay Dion. I just should of assumed you two were together, with all the time you spend around one another. Your secrets safe with me your highness." You have him a close eyed smile. Of course the one another person you felt safe with was in love with someone else; not that you blamed the Prince you didn't love him that way either it was you just coping with the loss of your lovely dear friend Joshua. Dion had gotten to know you that he now understood why you were crying he smiled sympathetically pulling you into his warm embrace.

~•••~

"Your lance work is awful ______." Dion laughed as he came behind you pressing his broad chest against your back his calloused hands wrapping around yours as he adjusted your grip on the metal lance. He used his foot to spread your legs into a defensive stance. Your thin (color) brows furrowed together in annoyance. "Well you know I'm better off with a damn sword anyways. That's the difference between you and I; you're a Dragoon and I am humble swords lady." You spoke a tinge of amusement playing on your plump lips. Stepping back Dion laughed once again, "Humble? Not the word I'd use to describe you." He smirked watching as you gripped the lance uncomfortably in your hands. "Dion enough you're flustering our humble princess." Terence scolded light heartedly, he stood a few feet in front of you holding the metal lance in his hands—it was far more natural looking when he held the weapon.