Iwaldi

It has already been years of war, yet no side has won yet. 

Iwaldi was getting tired of the charade. 

Sigyn and Alvis were still very young, only a few years old in the years of Midgard. 

His wife had given birth to two more girls in the past hundred years, and so far, only Vanaheim has known about the heirs. 

His eldest son, Freyr, was almost two hundred years old, and soon, he could be accepted into war. Iwaldi could use more men and woman, and Freyr was perfect. 

But there was someone else he would have to think of as well. His son, Alvis, when he came of age, would be able to join the battle. And that scared The king of Vanaheim. Something was not right with Alvis, though his wife was blind to this. 

He wasn't sure what was going on yet, but something was happening under his nose. 

Iwaldi looked up from his desk.

Something was watching him.

The King stood up, grabbing his sword out from the scabbard. "There's no use hiding." Iwaldi says. "I know you're there." 

A small girl peeked out from the bookshelf in front of him, holding a small wooden sword. Iwaldi's face softened. "Nanna. You frightened me, my child. Why are you here?" He spoke sweetly. Nanna smiled up at her father. 

"I couldn't sleep, Father." She murmured shyly. Iwaldi smiled at her. "Come, I'll take you back to bed." He replied, taking her small hand. Nanna followed her father down the corridors, holding on tight to his hand in fear that some creature might snatch her from the dark and take her away from her father. 

Suddenly, there was a loud noise from the dark. 

Nanna jumped in surprise, and Iwaldi became alert immediately. 

They watched the inky darkness, waiting for something to jump out at them, or another noise to sound. 

But there was nothing. Iwaldi  waited for a bit, then looked around.

His eyes settled on Sigyn's quarters. Iwaldi picked up Nanna and ran to Sigyn's chambers, bursting open the doors and looked around. 

There was nothing. Iwaldi felt his eyes water. "Nanna, get wake the guards immediately!" The little girl ran as fast as she could, and soon guards filled the room, as well as Freyr, Alvis and Freya. Freya had worry in her eyes as she held a small Gersemi in her arms. Gersemi chewed nervously on her nails as she scanned the room for Sigyn. 

"Scan every inch of this realm and do not stop until you find Sigyn, do you hear me?!" Iwaldi roared at his guards. As soon as he said that, the guards and shieldmaidens ran out.

The chambers were quiet until Alvis spoke up. "Where is my sister?" he asked, his face wet with tears. Freya sighed shakily. "We'll find her, Alvis. I promise you, we will find her." She sobbed.

"Don't make promises you can't keep." Freyr spoke softly. Iwaldi glared at him. "Watch your tongue, boy." The King growled.

Gersemi escaped her mother's arms, and walked to the window. The knight was filled with fire and torches, as the guards searched for their lost princess. Suddenly, a Atla entered the room. "Where the fuck is my niece, Iwaldi?!" The brunette shouted at the man. Iwaldi stood up. "Do not speak to me that way! Have you forgotten your place?!" He spat. 

"My place? MY PLACE?! You were so blind as to not keep watch on your daughter, and now she is gone! This is all your fault, you idiot bastard!" Atla screeched. Nanna began to wail. 

Freya stood up between them. "Do not speak such language in front of my children!" She hollered. 

"Your majesty's!" 

The three turned to the guard standing at the door, their face red with rage. 

"My King, your dreki! It is dead!"