05 | the dreadful deal

It was Monday

It was Monday.

Monday equalled hell.

Which meant I had to visit my future college. Alone. It was another holiday for school, so we had one free day for today.

Isis had a family hangout, my brother was occupied as always, my parents were far away and I think I will be alright visiting alone as long as there was a guide somewhere.

I roamed inside the gate and was awed by the sight.

This was my dream college from now on. It was mesmerizing and the staff took great care of the garden and fountain. The garden was separated into two and in the middle of it had a water fountain with small fishes inside. The buildings were mostly beige-themed and looked like in the Victorian era. I strode around the buildings and went to the information area to ask about my major's location. After I gained the information, I took the elevator and landed on the fifth floor. My major was placed on the new building and had twenty floors for I didn't know what. My eyes skimmed at its structure and I peeked inside my class.

There were students laughing and enjoying themselves and I would be in their position a year ahead.

After strolling some more and spending time admiring and smiling at the staff– even the teachers were friendly here– I registered in the office and smiled when I finally accomplished my task.

I couldn't wait to explore my literature major.

My phone buzzed and my mouth curved again when it was my brother who called.

"Hey, everything okay?" I heard rustling papers and people rushing to discuss with my brother.

"Hey! Yes, totally!" I exclaimed.

My brother answered me with a 'good' and he immediately ended the call which I was grateful for.

He knew not to push this conversation about college as our parents pushed harder and it made me go into seclusion for weeks. I didn't like the pressure hanging on my back, I just wanted a free life. That was why I followed my brother here and tried not to be a burden every time I was home.

I almost passed the gate and I grabbed my bag tightly, when several of my stuff fell down as my shoulder roughly bumped into a guy.

I frowned, but not until I craned my neck and it was Cassian as to who I stumbled earlier.

I grinned.

"You're a stalker, aren't you?" He sighed and shot those icy glares on me.

I was baffled by his offensive question, "I'm not! I just applied here minutes ago, how about you?"

He averted my gaze and said, "I was a student here long ago."

I brought my hands around my mouth, covering my gasping yelp. Another information!