01 | a strange autumn day

Sometimes, we were afraid of failing at the tasks that we needed to complete

Sometimes, we were afraid of failing at the tasks that we needed to complete. Slowly, it reached procrastination and that was what I was doing now.

I shouldn't had procrastinated earlier. Because to me, it drained all of my energy right now.

I didn't mean to procrastinate on the book review I was assigned to until my due date. Which was today. Today as in midnight, so I literally had a few hours before I went and submitted it to school. Just so you know, I was busy scrolling the Internet on how to improve my storytelling skills and brushing my uneven hair. It was not a surprise if my friends pointed out to me that my hair was practically... strange.

I clutched my hair tightly and continued to write whatever words my brain forced to squeeze out for the sake of my book review. And well, never forget your boost tea. I had to buy iced lemon tea at the nearby convenience store in this chilly weather. Burlington sure was chilly, especially night time. Brr.

Typing sounds washed over my laptop as I endured myself to not sleep. If the President of the Literature Club was another person, I would be glad to ignore this. But it had to be Prez Tristan. Tristan was a pretty annoying guy. Whenever someone forgot her/his tools for the club, he would force them to write 'I will not do this again anymore in the next class' ten pages. I knew they deserved a punishment or something, but shouldn't Miss Teresa, our club supervisor, decide it?

I scoffed at the thought of it. My alarm blared on time when I finished printing it out. I pulled out my uniform and prepared my backpack as I rushed into the bathroom.

***

A swarm of hi's and hello's flew over the hallway as I stepped on the second floor. The second floor of Maple Creek High School was occupied by grade ten to twelve, so I had no choice but to blurt out the replies loudly and squashed in the crowd.

Isis, my best friend who I assumed will be late for the first class this morning, was not in the crowd. I sighed and I sauntered into the class, but I was stopped by someone else.

"Have you done the book review, Rheanne?"

That someone else turned out to be Prez Tristan. I forced myself to smile.

"Um, class starts in like five minutes?" I questioned. Oh please, get away from my sight, dear Prez.

"I have to get it now, Rheanne." He furrowed his eyebrows, clearly not showing any signs to leave.

"Fine, here," I handed him the review and dashed off inside the class, right along with the teacher as she put down her books and started taking absents. I hoped the review was fine for him, hopefully.

I concentrated fully on the class and it felt like a blur when it ended nicely. I exited my first class and strolled inside for my next door class. There, I saw Isis grinning above me with her palm supporting her chin as I sat beside her. Well, that was rare.