15: An agreement

Later that same day, Lex, Simon, Lexi, Mason and the four elves are traveling at night as Lex questions Jiri how close they are.

"Not much further, but I trust you lot have a plan to not get killed by the tribe?" Jiri asks as Lex holds her head as he stares at her.

"Uh... Somewhat." Lexington replies much to Jiri's annoyance.

"Ugh... I guess this what I get for being a bodiless counsel." Jiri says making Mason chuckle. "What's soo funny Mantic?"

"Oh nothing." Mason states clearly lying when they arrive outside the capital city Dirissa, named after the Duchy Ryriel's family originated from.

They see some crow tribe elves watching them as Simon looks ahead seeing Dyliser approaching them with Yira in tow. Dyliser looks at Lex and at the others.

"Other members of your order I'm guessing?" Dyliser asks with Lex nodding. "Alright... Come on in." He says as Lex and his group are surprised but enter and are led to where Dyliser lives.

Deiratos and the others are forced to wait outside since they aren't Huntsman or Huntress. Deiratos sighs leaning against wall which falls back causing him to fall with it.

His fellow bear tribe elves snort barely holding their laughs as even Delion can't help himself. Deiratos growls out in annoyance as he locks eyes with Yira who's staring at him with great amusement and is chuckling.

Deiratos feels his cheeks flush red as he quickly tries getting back but stumbles face first onto the ground with a loud crunching sound following.

"Oh shit." Yira chuckles out knowing for a fact he broke his nose.

Meanwhile Dyliser is seated across from the Hunter family after being introduced to them.

"Hmph... I'm glad to hear the Hunter family is still going strong." Dyliser says kindly while stoking the fire with a stick. "But why are you here?"

Lexington clears his throat looking the wise elf in the eyes.

"I... Well we're here to help with that demon brigade up north, I unfortunately can't go." Lexington says as Dyliser raises his brow asking why. "It's... Because I don't have my magic at the moment."

Everything for Dyliser begins making sense of the situation.

"Ah so that's why you're here, to go through the trial." Dyliser says which surprises Lex and Jiri with her asking him that he knows of it. "I do, after the Aelton-Elvaria war? I... Well I had a lot of problems, self loathing being the biggest as I didn't think I deserved my magic... And so I lost it for a few years."

Lexington looks on knowing exactly what Dyliser went through, part of it anyway.

"I didn't know of the Temple's trial but one day, I slept in there and I met something... It talked to me about my problems and provided me with great advice and... I believed in myself, you may go through the trial Lexington Hunter... But I can't guarantee it'll work."

Lex looks at the fire with it gleaming off his royal blue eyes and looks at his hands imagining them being demonic.

"I have to try." Lexington says with Dyliser nodding.

"But what about the Demons? Any notable ones?" Simon questions with Dyliser hands him his journal filled with pretty good drawings of the demons.

"No Demon Knights if that's your concern, there is a tough one called uh... Ariz, I nearly thought of him as a Demon Knight, tough but smart." Dyliser says pulling over crate and opens it up.

The four look in confusion seeing a bunch of papers with magic phrases on them.

"What are those papers?" Lexi asks.