Chapter 1

Heads up, major editing required, which I'll get to as soon as I can.

"Tell me, was it worth it?

We were so perfect.

But that is the past, now. 

We didn't last. 

I guess that this is meant to be."

~Nothing Like Us, Justin Bieber.

~

Alexandria Davis

"You may kiss the bride," the priest announced.  

I shot a brief look in the priest's direction, silently thanking him for having us wed. As soon as they had turned, though, my eyes went back to Austin's face; I wouldn't possibly be able to take my eyes off him even if I wanted to- which I didn't. He was my everything. 

Gazing into his gorgeous, captivating green orbs, I leaned in closer to him. I felt him tighten the grip of his hand around mine.  

I felt hundreds of eyes on us, noticing our slightest movements; everyone was watching us.  

Our moms were shedding tears of joy. My dad was as proud as can be, after giving away his only daughter.  

Austin's grandfather, whom even I called Grandad, was in the front row, along with Michele's bubbly sister, Lisa.  

Dave, Andrew and Cindy were stood at their place along the altar, smiles wide on their faces.  

The ring-bearer, Austin's 5 year-old cousin Logan, was happily playing with my niece Holly, the flower girl. 

Alex, the best man, was grinning from behind my husband- yes, now I could finally call him that- dressed in a dapper suit and tie. I heard Sarah, my maid of honor, leave a dreamy sigh. I could imagine the look on her face, all romanticized and happy.  

The entire crew from San Antonio was present; Robert, Zach, Tyler... everyone. 

Even my friends from back in New York showed up. Invited, ofcourse. All five of the idiots.  

Nathan Sykes from The Wanted was in the third row, sitting next to Jai Brooks. Taylor Swift's eyes were brimming at the delicacy of the moment, as were Ariana Grande's.  

To top it off, Louis Tomlinson was at the piano; he'd played the wedding march. 

Everyone was there for us.  

But I had eyes for only Austin, and he didn't take his eyes off me.  

My breaths were quickening in pace, my heart was running a marathon. We'd shared thousands of kisses in the past. But this one would change everything; it was the seal of our marriage.  

I felt his left hand leave mine, and grab me by the waist. In a fluid motion, he pulled me closer, pressing my abdomen to his. Without another moment wasted, he dipped his head downwards. 

Just as his lips grazed mine, though, my phone rang; One Direction's melodious voices filled the room. I sighed. Who disturbs a girl at a time like this? 

My eyes fluttered open and I heaved a sigh as I awoke from the dream I'd had a bazillion times in the past. I turned to my side, under the covers, and picked my phone off the bedside table. I glanced at the caller-id and rolled my eyes. I should've known it'd be him. 

"What is it?" I said sleepily. 

"Hi to you too," one of my nearest friends, Alex Constancio, said sarcastically. I laughed slightly, and he continued,"I'm bored, so I'm coming over."