he shakes his head, throwing his hands up in the air in frustration.

"if you were sorry, you wouldn't have kept this from me!" he exclaims, making her frown at the clear indifference that's suddenly on his face.

she breathes shakily, gulping. "chris, i'm sorry!"

chris opens his mouth to say something else, but she cuts him off with a more emotional explanation, "i wanted to tell you and i had every intention to do it over our texts earlier, but it didn't feel right!"

he scoffs again, no longer able to deal with this anymore—he knows he should stick around to comfort her, but he can't right now.

lily gapes at him and turns around to watch after him as he walks over to the door.

"wait! chris, please, don't leave things like this!" she calls, frowning with more tears filling her eyes.

"just...let me explain. please." she begs with a wavering voice, tilting her head to the side as she waits for what he's going to do next.

his hand just lingers near the doorknob, hesitating on what he should do.

but, ultimately, his frustration wins over his need to help and support her.

"please, chris..." she begs again, but it's too late when he twists the doorknob and throws the door open.

"wha—wait!" she calls out, wanting to go after him and even trying, but he's already rushing out and past the threshold.

she gapes and watches him run over to matt's car and opens the door and practically throws his body into his seat, before shutting it.

he says something to matt, while he puts on his seatbelt.

when they finally leave, lily bites her lip as the tears finally fall.

she breathes shakily, lifting her head to look up at the ceiling as her emotions become more heightened.

but, all she knows is that she can't deal with this alone and she needs her best friend.

with another shaky sigh, she walks over to the door and shuts it.

then, she walks over to the kitchen table and grabs her phone.

it's fast as she scrolls to the contact of the person she needs the most right now.

—————

[phone call!]

LILY'S BREATHS STOP FOR A mere second as she anxiously waits for the other person on the other end to pick up.

CALLING ELLE 🤞🏻❤️‍🩹!

a few more seconds pass before she finally, finally picks up.

"lil? what's up?"

a shaky sob leaves her lips, only making elliot much more worried. "lily? what's going on? are you okay?"

the worry in her best friend's voice only makes her feel incredibly guilty.

"i...i didn't know what to do. and i know it kills me to burden you, but i know you said that you wanted me to talk to you if anything ever happens, instead of isolating myself and ghosting everyone..." she trails off, gulping as she anxiously awaits for her best friend's next reply.

a deep sigh sounds on the other side, before shocking her completely by her next words, "oh, babes. you know i'm always here. you can talk to me. you know that, right?"

a sigh of relief later and lily nods, before mentally slapping her head after reminding herself that elliot can't see her nod.

she falls down to her knees and leans one of her hands over one of her knees. "yeah. i think i know now," she whispers, before saying the next words with a normal and leveled voice, despite how upset she is, "i'm sorry it took me so long to realize it until now."

"you want me to come home, so we can talk about it now?" elliot asks after another few moments.

lily hesitates for another second, before quietly nodding and then lightly slapping her forehead in frustration from her idiocy for a mere second and voicing her real thoughts, "can you? i really need my best friend right now."

"yes! of course. i'm on my way, okay?" elliot agrees, a bunch of sudden moving sounds sounding on the other side of the call.

"just you, though, okay? i don't think i can handle being vulnerable around everyone else about this yet." she interrupts quickly, it quickly becoming a overwhelming thought swirling around in her head, causing her to quickly overthink.

a light laugh is heard on the other side of the call. "yeah, of course. that's what i was thinking."

lily sighs in relief, before quickly saying her goodbye to her, so that she can focus on the drive home.

once she hangs up, lily takes a deep, anxious breath, trying to stay calm and wait for her best friend to get there.

—————

A/N: uh oh, my fav future couple are fighting and it's getting angsty 😬😬 sorry!! hopefully it won't last long 😭 ANYWAYS here's this!! i have to work tomorrow, so i quickly wrote this. i didn't have time to write a matt chapter, but hopefully i can write a quick chapter at work whenever i have time!! enjoy this <3
—hannah <3