A Shocking Secret

When night came, Amanda made her way back to the apartment, only to see three familiar faces standing outside. "Alex? Justin? Max? What are you guys doing here?" Asked Amanda. "John called us." Said Max. "Yeah, he said Paul lost his Christmas spirit." Said Alex. "Did you guys ask him why?" Amanda asked. "Uh-huh, and let's just say what he told us is kinda... distressing." Said Justin.

"Define distressing." Said Amanda. "Cause anxiety, sorrow, pain, and quite upsetting." Alex said. "I don't think she needed to know the meaning, Alex." Justin said. "Yes, I know what distressing means, I just wanted to know what Paul said." Amanda said. "I think it's best if you ask him yourself." Max said. "You're probably right." Said Amanda.

The young swan princess enters her room and puts her jammies on. Then she walks over to the window and stares at the stars, singing to herself.

When I wish on a star
Gaze upon it from afar
I believe what's troubling me
Can melt away like snow

This isn't what it's supposed to be
His happiness means more to me
I just want him to smile
When he does, it shows

I will keep doing all I can do
I will keep wishing
'Cause wishes come true
I'm dreaming our Christmas will turn out right
That's the wish I wish tonight

When I wish, my heart is full
Everything is possible
I can see beyond the clouds
Feel the stars as they all glow

I will keep doing all I can do
I will keep wishing
'Cause wishes come true
I'm dreaming our Christmas will turn out right
That's the wish I wish tonight

I will keep doing all I can do
I will keep wishing
'Cause wishes come true
I'm dreaming our Christmas will turn out right
That's the wish I wish

That's the wish I wish tonight

"Darling?" Said Paul as he entered the room. "I'm sorry, did I wake you?" Amanda asked. "No, I've been awake." Paul said. "Oh. Anyway, the Russos said you told them why you lost your Christmas spirit." Said Amanda. "Are you sure you wanna know?" Asked Paul. Amanda takes her husband's hand. "Sweetheart, you know you can tell me anything, right?" She asked. "Very well." Paul said. He takes a deep breath. "I was also told I should brace myself." Amanda said.

"First of all, I should point out that I did have my Christmas spirit before I went to bed last night, but this dream I've been having since Christmas Eve four years ago just came back to haunt me." Said Paul. "But today is only the 22nd." Said Amanda. "Yes, I'm well aware of that. But I had the dream this morning, which is what made me lose my Christmas spirit." Paul said. "What happened in the dream?" Amanda asked.

No words come out of Paul's mouth for a brief moment. "It's not just a dream, this is something that actually happened." He said finally. "Go on." Said Amanda. "Okay. You and I were still separated at the time, for starters. I met this girl named Linda, Linda Eastman. We fell in love, and I thought we'd have a future together. When Christmas was rolling around, I proposed to her. Having a Christmas wedding seemed like a magical idea." Said Paul, then he pauses.

"What?" Amanda said as a hurt expression appeared on her face. "But when Christmas Eve came, tragedy struck. The two of us were cornered at gunpoint, and when I tried to reason with the shooter, he shot Linda in the chest three times. Since then, I've been having nightmares about that dreaded day every Christmas Eve for four years." Paul said.

A horrified expression appears on Amanda's face. "Oh... my... god!! Why didn't you tell me?!" She asked as her voice cracked. "Believe me, I wanted very much to talk about this with you, but I was afraid of losing you!" Said Paul. "At least you told me now, but I had no idea you met another girl during our separation." Said Amanda.

"You're mad it me, aren't you?" Paul asked as his eyes filled with tears. "I'm a little hurt that you kept this from me, but..." Amanda began. "I knew it!" Cried Paul. He runs straight to his room and slams the door.