"Hello there! What would your name be?" The, I assume, teacher said at the door.

"Uh, Hyunjin. Hwang Hyunjin." I replied lowly.

I scanned the room and almost immediately found Felix. I made eye contact with him and he looked away. It made my heart ache.

"Wonderful! My name is Mrs. Jung and I am your math teacher for the year. I've already placed your seat so look around for your name on a desk." She excitedly said with too much energy for this early hour.

I roamed the class, looking for my seat, and felt very outcasted. Students were either catching up with friends or setting up their school stuff. Meanwhile, I had nothing to do. I got the courage to look at Felix's row to find my name. When I saw that I sat right behind him, a wave of fear washed over me. He was looking out the window with his hand holding his head, I knew he was avoiding looking at me. I pulled the chair and sat down behind him, immediately feeling the tension between us.

The entire class was the most awkward situation I've ever been in. It was silent between us. The rest of the class talked and got to know each other, doing activities for the first day of school. Meanwhile, we had no one to talk to.

After a long 50 minute period, it was finally time to go. The bell rang and I immediately stood up to leave. On my way to the door, I tried walking out and got stuck in the doorway with Felix. We both backed up and waited for the other to go first.

"S-sorry-" We said at the same time, causing us to look at one another.

"Y-you go-" Again.

Both of us red from embarrassment, Felix rushed out the door, leaving me standing. I walked out and saw him meet up with his new friend who was waiting outside the door. His face slightly lit up when they spoke, making my envy grow.

"Who was that guy?" I heard the male say as they walked off.

I looked at him venture off for a second and walked the other direction. I felt myself tear up again. I knew I couldn't hold it in this time and looked down to let them fall. Damn. It's the first day of school and I'm crying. I just wanna go home.

As I sped walked to my next class, I bumped into a shoulder. I looked up and saw another face I've been dreading to see.

"Hyunjin..?" He said calmly.

"S-sorry." I stammered and sped away.

First, I have a class with him. Then, I run into his best friend? Could things get any worse within the span of an hour?

Jisung, surprisingly, didn't seem upset to see me. More so, surprised. As a best friend, I expected him to be disgusted or angry. I'm sure he is, but why did he seem so calm? Maybe even.. concerned? Well, I was crying. I'm sure anyone would be concerned if they bumped into someone that was crying.

Felix pov

It's the end of the first day of school and I feel beyond exhausted. I didn't even do much today, but I felt drained. It was my first time out of the house since the hospital. I didn't think I'd be affected this much emotionally. I walked out of class with Jisung as we headed to the bus loop.

"Man, today was great! How was yours, Lix?" He exclaimed.

"It was.. okay."

"Did something happen?" He asked.

I immediately thought of my brief interactions with Hyunjin and the fact that I have a class with him. I chose not to talk about it, though.

"No.. but I made a friend, I think. His name's Wooyoung."

"Ooo?" He tried to tease.

"Don't even. He's got a girlfriend." I said, glaring at him.

"What could you possibly mean? I wasn't implying anything." He lied.

I gave him a mean look of annoyance and he cleared his throat.

"I.. ran into Hyunjin today." He hesitated and caught my attention.

"Oh.."

"I feel like you should talk to him, Lix. He looked upset."

I didn't respond.

"Look, all I'm saying is that maybe you guys have unfinished business-"

"He lied to me, Jisung. I saw the proof right in front of me. He can't say anything to defend himself." I snapped.

I didn't intend to sound mean, it just came out that way. It was a mixture of hurt and anger from him. Jisung fell quiet for a second.

"I understand... But I wont take back what I said." He stated and walked slightly ahead of me.

I sighed and caught up to him.

Maybe he was right. Maybe Hyunjin did deserve a conversation or two. Maybe I should hear him out. Maybe things weren't left off in the right place. But right now, I know that if I face him, I'll be met with feelings of my own that I have to endure.

And I'm not ready for that just yet.

_________________________________
HI GUYS

I know my updates take a few days to happen and I sincerely apologize 💔🙏

Schools starting up soon so I've been out shopping and my sport rehearsals take up 8 hours of my summer days. But thank you for continuing to read my story otherwise!
This chapter was kind of an introduction to the school era of the story so hopefully it wasn't too bad :,)

The next few chapters might get a wee bit emotional but it will be worth it I promise🙏

Remember to take care of yourself and have an amazing day!!🩷

Title pic