I couldn't. My hands were shaking. It was excitement, for sure, but I was also anxious. It wasn't cold feet, since I knew that there was no other person in this world I wanted to spend the rest of my life with, so why was I feeling this way?

''Listen, honey.'' My mom grabbed my hand and pulled me to the chair, sitting me down. ''I felt the same way when I was marrying your father. Everything you're feeling is completely normal. But, after today, you'll be spending the rest of your life with him. Everything amazing is waiting for you, this is just the beginning.''

I smiled. ''Thank you.''

Soon enough, my father came. He was the one walking me down the isle, and the moment he saw me, tears fell down his face. His hug felt comforting, and I barely managed not to cry myself. He kissed the top of my hair.

''My little girl is all grown up.'' He said with a smile, ''I'm so happy you're happy, Freya.''

When we reached the destination, and I saw Elijah, it was impossible not to cry. He cried. I cried. Seeing him in a suit, me in a white dress, with our loved ones as witness to our eternal journey together made my heart almost burst.

''You look like an angel,'' Elijah spoke, breathlessly. ''You look perfect.''

''Thank you.''

It wasn't that I truly felt the anxiety creep its way into my body until the vows exchange. I prepared in advance, but those silly little words on the paper couldn't properly explain what I wanted to say. I quickly ditched that silly little paper and spoke from my heart.

''Elijah, from the moment I met you, I knew you would be my ruin. But, you were also my salvation. The perfect person, my person. I vow to love you unconditionally, to care for you, to be yours for the rest of my life. I vow to never take you for granted, and to always be by your side. You truly changed my life, and I wouldn't have this life if it hadn't been for you. I love you.''

A tear slipped from both of our eyes, and it earned a laugh from Luka, who was the officiate for our wedding. The bastard couldn't keep a straight face even if he was paid for it, but it made the experience more memorable.

''You are my life, Freya. Past, present and future, it's all you. I'm giving you my eternity, for as long as I live. I promise to make you the happiest woman alive, to cherish and love you. I'm giving you my whole heart, yours to rule, use however you want. Because it's you, I'm giving my all. Having you by my side is enough to keep me going even when it's hard, and you'll always be the light at the end of the tunnel for me. My light, my sunshine, my happiness.''

Of course, the man that spoke those words was the first one to get batshit drunk. It was funny, truly. My father, drunk as hell, threatening Elijah, and my husband, even more drunk, promising that he would never hurt me. At some point, they were arguing so heavily about who loved me more that my mom had to pull them off each other.

''So, how does it feel being a married woman?'' Tessa asked.

''Ask me in about twenty years.''

Cora didn't drink, but that didn't stop Luka from drinking in her stead, too. He was usually a quiet drunk, kept to himself and never caused any issues. That was until Celine pulled out the karaoke set up, and we were forced to listen to Luka's weeping for hours.

Tessa, on the other hand, seemed to be interested in Sebastian.

The thing about her was that she always kept a straight face when she was interested in someone, but she was blushing like crazy. She said it was because of the hot weather, but it was late in the night, and Sebastian seemed to adore the attention. They were cute, but she had no idea what she was getting herself into.

''Wife,'' my thoughts disappeared as I heard Elijah slurring. He could barely walk straight and I chuckled. ''My wife, my life,'' and then he laughed.

I laughed with him.

''Who knew you would get this drunk on our wedding day?''

''Why? Are you upset?''

I shook my head. ''No, but I was hoping to have sex later, but it seems you won't be able to perform in this state.''

Oh, boy, did I offend the beast. Suddenly, he cleared his throat, and looked me straight in the eyes whilst trying to stand up. He narrowed his eyes, and then spoke. ''You think that lowly of me? I'll show you right now just how well I can perform.''

I grinned. ''No need, we can just do it tomorrow.''

Out of all the guests, the only people sober were Cora and me. I did drink, but I couldn't get drunk, someone had to take care of all the drunken people here. And seeing everyone so carefree, happy, celebrating Elijah and me, made my heart swell with content.

Nothing else mattered. The people we truly cared about were here, laughing, singing and drinking. Everyone important to me were having the time of their life, with to little, as the wedding wasn't anything grand. But, they didn't care about any of that.

That sight was something I cherished for the rest of my life.

Elijah, who I made suffer so much managed to forgive me, and promise to love me forever. The man who spent five years without me, but always thinking of me, was finally mine, body, mind and soul.

The love of my life. The only person who truly made me happy. The other half of me.

My husband.

the end.