"CHAPTER-35"

I am already missing him

I am already missing him. Prisha slept on my lap and I lovingly stroked her hair. We all arrived at our lavish home, thanks to my brother and sister-in-law's hard work. The terrace is my favorite spot, I spent some time exploring the house. After picking up Prisha, my sister-in-law showed us to our separate rooms. Everyone was exhausted, so we all went inside to rest.

It's already 2 o'clock! I reassured my sister-in-law that I would take care of Prisha in case she woke up at night. I'm tired too, so after freshening up, I put on a cotton suit and climbed into bed, closing my eyes for some relaxation. I picked up my phone and opened WhatsApp to message Adi that which he replied instantly as he was waiting for my message.

~•~

"I reached."

"Okay!"

"haven't slept yet?"

"Was waiting for you!"

"Actually buba I am tired today
Can we talk on the phone tomorrow."

"Yeah sleep well my love❤️"

"Bye good night ❤️ 
wake up early in the morning
because you've got a meeting!"

"Yeahhh!"

~•~

I woke up this morning like I usually do out of habit. After getting ready, I checked the time and it was already 7 AM. Adi's meeting was at 8 AM, so I started wondering if he was still sleeping and what about Karan? I dialed Adi's number while sitting on my bed with my head resting on the headrest and my knees slightly raised. Anxiously biting my nails, I waited for him to answer the call. As I glanced at my bedside, I saw Prishu sleeping soundly, completely unaware of the world.

I called again, hoping for an answer, and finally he picked up the phone in his groggy morning voice that I absolutely adore.

"Hmmmm"

"Uthna nahi hai aapko abhi bhi?" I asked softly.

(Don't you want to wake up now?)

"Hmmmm"

He's just humming and not saying anything, it's making me annoyed.

"Aad__"

I was gonna wake him up again, but my niece woke up all groggy and started looking around. When she spotted me, she slowly made her way towards me. I was still on the call, not hearing anything from the other person. She plopped down on my stomach and laid her head on my chest, falling back asleep. She hugged me tight, just like a koala.