__🖤__

Few weeks later

"Atharv?"

"Ha bolo baby."

[Trans-ha tell me baby.]

"Can we manage? Manage being away from our parents while juggling work. They will be upset. Can we go against them?"

"Baby, I have a good job as drug analyst in pharmaceutical company. Parents will slowly come around."

"You sure? It will work right?"

"Don't you trust me?"

Annika found herself standing at a crucial juncture in her life—she was truly at a crossroad in her life.

On one hand she couldn't easily let go of her memories with her ex-boyfriend, Atharv. They had shared beautiful moments together planning their future and a part of her still clung to those precious memories, even without her consciousness. 

On the other hand she had come to recognize Shivaay, as her husband both in the present and for the future that lay ahead. He had become her rock, offering unwavering support and unconditional love.

With a heavy heart Annika finally gathered the courage to address her inner turmoil and approach Shivaay for a heartfelt conversation.

"Aap free Ho?" Annika politely asked watching him, shuffle many papers and scratch his head. "Atleast for a moment."

[Trans-are you free?]

"If it's about the technician's call and servicing then a big no. Perhaps if it's about you, then go ahead." Shivaay mumbled before striding towards the cupboard in search of a  new whitener and highlighter.

"It's about us. Can we have some heartfelt conversation. Mainly I want to open up, about my past. I want to get clean."

Soon Shivaay stopped his tracks and turned his heels to face his wife Annika. Pulling her with gentle yet firm arms he nudged her tenderly, his eyes filled with concern and affection asking her to have a comfortable seat on the plush corner of the bed in their small and minimalistic and tastefully blant bedroom. The soft immaculate nude pastel sheets provided a soothing contrast to the dark wooden furnishings that adorned the room.

Feeling her tremble beneath his touch Shivaay's heart ached for Annika. He kneeled on the cool floors, the faint creaking sound accompanying his movement echoing through the room.

"Kya hua Annika? Anything wrong?" As he lowered himself to the ground his strong presence offered a reassuring warmth enveloping Annika in a cocoon of security.

[Trans- what happened Annika?]

With loving tenderness Shivaay cradled her delicate palms in his large and lean comforting hands. The sensation of their skin intermingling sent a shiver down Annika's spine yet the touch provided an anchor in the midst of her swirling emotions. His thumb pad caressed her smooth skin intermittently tracing soothing patterns as if trying to erase her worries.

"It's okay if you don't want to tell me. But sharing your pain with others helps you heal. If you want, shall I ask maa to ring a call and talk to you." With unwavering support Shivaay urged Annika to speak, his voice infused with gentle encouragement.

He understood the turmoil that consumed her, knowing that she needed to unburden her fears and share the weight on her shoulders. His steadfast presence reinforced the fact that no matter the magnitude of her torment he would always be there – ready to listen, to understand and to offer solace.