"Raat thand hain-"

[Trans-the night is cold-]

Ignoring her husband, Annika happily scooped the curd with stainless steel spoon and brought it to her mouth. However, unfortunately it was snatched away from reaching her lips.

"It's cold today. You will catch cold and I don't want to catch cold by sleeping beside you." Shivaay grumbled with a heavy heart.

Annika twisted her mouth in annoyance. If he cared for her, he should openly show it. And definitely not order her like this!

She watched him for a moment appreciating his presence and feeling grateful for the affection and kindness he showed her. In that fleeting moment she thought she saw a hint of nervousness in his eyes too which made her heart twinge with empathy.

Summoning every ounce of courage Annika took a deep breath and gently broached the topic. "Shivaay, I wanted to talk to you about something important."

She began her voice almost a whisper. His eyes met hers curiosity mixed with a touch of apprehension. Annika's words spilled out trembling with vulnerability and concern.

To her surprise Shivaay's reaction was one she did not anticipate. He seemed puzzled as if her question had caught him off guard. Annika's heart sank momentarily wondering if she had misjudged the situation or if there was something she was missing. But true to her resilient nature she persisted. She asked Shivaay to clarify his father's decision hoping for an explanation.

Shivaay while tearing his roti absentmindedly looked at Annika with a mix of surprise and amusement. He realized in that moment that he had failed to share the news with her properly. With a gentle smile he reached to hold Annika's hand.

"My lady, I apologize for making you worry unnecessarily," he began his voice filled with warmth. "Papa finally agreed to our plans of not moving to another city. We have his blessing."

Relief washed over Annika like a wave and she couldn't contain her joy. She squealed in delight her happiness having no bounds.

Finally her husband had listened and respected her wishes after seven months of marriage. The weight of uncertainty lifted her worries.

"I think it's time we celebrate," he whispered his voice filled with adoration. "Let's go on our first ever date in our arranged married life."

Annika's heart skipped a beat and a wide grin spread across her face.

"When? I'm all ready."

"Dekhte hain. Any weekend would work. The next two weeks are pretty loaded, maybe after that."

[Trans- let's see ]

"For a couple of days?"

"Maybe yes."

"Ohh then it's not a date. It's a honeymoon." Annika blushed with that thought.

"You may think so. Par hum honeymoon winter break me jayenge."

[Trans- But we will go for a honeymoon during my winter break.]

She couldn't believe her luck. After months of adjusting to their arranged marriage they were finally having this talk, about a date night.