I swallow, my gaze darting between Jackson and Liz. From what I'd read about Liz in her past interviews, she hated flying unless it was absolutely necessary. In other words, Jackson must have gone to great lengths to persuade her to come tonight if she hadn't originally planned on attending the gala.

"But I'm glad he was," she continues. "I had a look at the designs on your website and I must say I loved them. Sparkes Magazine would love to do a piece about you and your business if it's something you might be interested in. I hear you're hosting your first-ever fashion show for the upcoming New York Fashion Week which is very exciting. I think you'd be an inspiration for many of our younger readers in particular."

My heart rate increases, and a mix of disbelief and excitement courses through my body. Did I just hear that correctly?

I stare at Jackson again but find myself at a loss for words once more. He gives my hand a gentle squeeze, and even though he doesn't say anything, the look in his eyes is telling me that you've got this.

"I'd be so honored," I say, turning to face Liz again with a smile. "Thank you so much for the opportunity."

"Fantastic," Liz beams. "My assistant will be in touch. I'm going to grab a drink now and talk to some others but it was lovely to chat, and Jackson, good luck with your firm's award nomination for tonight."

Jackson offers her a warm smile. "Thank you, Liz. Appreciate it."

Liz acknowledges us both with another nod before walking off, her high heels tapping against the carpet.

"Oh my god, I'm going to be featuring in Sparkes Magazine!" I squeal and dramatically glance up at the ceiling once Liz is gone. "Sparkes Magazine, here I come, baby!"

Beside me, I hear Jackson let out a chuckle. "Sparkes Magazine and the entire fashion industry should watch out because my favorite fashion designer is about to make her mark."

I turn around to see him grinning from ear to ear as though he's proud, proud of me.

"Okay, serious question, what did you do to Liz?" I ask him, trying to bite back a wide smile. "Did you cast some kind of magic spell on her?"

He casually crosses his arms and lets out a proud smirk. "I told her that if she let you feature in Sparkes Magazine, I'd arrange free gym memberships for her entire team."

I can still feel my imposter syndrome screaming and kicking loudly at me, so much so that I'm questioning whether he actually said that to Liz.

Jackson must sense what I'm thinking because his expression instantly softens. "It turns out that one of my firm's client's friend's sister has a contact at Liz's office."

Dazzled, I run a hand through my hair and glance around the room. "But how did you make her fly down to Washington for this event and offer my business an opportunity to feature in her magazine?"

Upon seeing my reaction, he ever so softly cups my face, forcing my gaze to meet his. "I didn't make her do anything. She saw your talent and passion, Bella. This is all you and you deserve this and everything more."

I stare at him in silence, taking in his words. This man, who I once thought was my "enemy", is being so incredibly and amazingly supportive. He's also being humble and refusing to take credit, but I know that without him, none of this would be possible.

"Thank you for doing this," I eventually say. Gratitude bubbles in my chest, and I don't know how to properly express it, or properly thank him. "I know it wouldn't have been an easy feat."

While Sparkes Magazine isn't the most "famous" fashion magazine in the industry, it's still a very reputable magazine.

His brown eyes are hooded when he gazes at me. "As long as you're happy, anything is worth it, Bella."