part 13

The phone rang from the kitchen counter,
Varsha called out for Sammy who was busy with cartoons on TV,
" Sammy, look who's calling" She yelled out. Sammy muted the show and ran to the direction of the voice. She hit the green button and saw Rohit on the other side. He was sweating, just after practice and decided to call samaira. He does this everyday.
Atleast 5 calls a day.

Varsha peeped in the corner of the screen and laughed with Rohit. Sammy sat on the kitchen counter and Varsha was cooking her favorite dish, ' kolhapuri sabzi ' with butter Naan.
The trio was busy on  video call sharing each and every thing of their day.
Varsha was done cooking, so they bid their bye's and sat down to ate.

Varsha also started watching
Chhota bheem with sammy while eating. Then they chatted for a while, soon came a goodnight call from Rohit.
He kissed sammy from the phone, Varsha put the blankets over sammy and closed the door.

The video call was still on going,
Rohit and Varsha started talking,
" Is she homesick or feeling down? " Rohit asked.

" Not yet, but I am scared. You are her dad and she gonna miss you for sure. I can comfort her, but the love you give her, is something no one in the world can provide her "

Rohit nodded his head.Varsha is right, the affection a dad provides his daughter no one can do that. Except Mother, something that sammy doesn't have.

" Dont worry it will be fine. I will be back after 2 days. Don't tell her. Let's surprise her ok"
Rohit smiled at Varsha.

She loved the idea of surprising Sammy, " Deal sealed "

There was an silence, none knew what to say, Varsha was about to cut the call but Rohit said something,
" Thank you Varsha, you don't know how much this means to me "

" Ahh, no thanks Ro, this is my job. " Varsha smiled.
They both cut the call then.

Varsha silently went to Sammy's room and kissed her forehead.
" Pretty Angel" She whispered.
Sammy turned her head and light snores were escaped from her nose. She was looking so cute and relaxed while sleeping.
There's a harsh world waiting for her, who will try to destroy her as she grows up, there's a reality and truth she has to face as she grows up. May she stay strong and fight it all out and win.

Varsha light up the lamp and sat on the couch.
She wandered why isn't Ritika taking Responsibility of Sammy.
She's her mother after all.
Whatever happened between her and Rohit, no mother would dare to leave their kid and never meet them again.
Does she often come to meet sammy? Or worse she never comes?

She won't pry and ask this to Rohit, it's not her business.
She messages Virat,

Me - hey bro you up?

Boost wala - yeah. I hv lost my sleep after being a father.
What do you want at this time?

Me - chillana mat, but I am curious, does Ritika come to meet sammy.

Boost wala - why do you wanna know?

Me - don't irritate me bro.
Ans my q

Boost wala - no

Me - but why?

Boost wala - mujhe nahi pata hai mujhe mat pucho na.

Me - it's not the time to add memes. Any idea you have.

Boost wala - look. Rohit never said it. He just told me they had constant fights over something and sammy used to cry.

Boost wala - for the sake of sammy they parted away.
Rohit took full custody of sammy.

Boost wala - court asked Ritika for co-parenting but she was in clear denial.

Boost wala - vami is crying and this Buffalo is sleeping bye.!!

Me - heyyyy, Don't call my bhabhi Buffalo you donkey.
Byeee thanks for answering.

Whole night I couldn't sleep.
I was curious to know why she denied Co-parenting.
She could have taken 50% custody of sammy, her own daughter. But she didn't. Why?

Isn't Ritika aware that Sammy is still a kid and needs mom.
Mothers play a crucial part in child's life.
Growing up without mom might be difficult for Sammy.

How much it will affect Sammy when she becomes a teen and starts realizing all these things.
She will be shattered.

A tear escaped my eye imagining her condition,
And also of Rohit's. There are many single dad's out there taking care of their kids.
But Rohit's case is different.
He's Indian cricket team captain.
He is carrying the responsibility of Whole India on his shoulders.
Still he is taking time out for Sammy.

He has to be present at such Meetings and matches, where he can't take his daughter with him. I wont be present every single time for him. How will he cope up then?

Virat told me not to dwell deep into his life. It's messed up. He was right. But I am already into it. I feel like a part of his life, I wanna make things easy for him and Sammy. There aren't even related to me, we don't have anything at all. Still we feel so close. So bounded. So strong.

Why is it so?