part 18

{Rohit's POV}

Few days ago I consulted my lawyer, he made a notice and sent it to Ritika's house.
I had little hopes for a positive response from the other side.
But what's wrong in trying as Varsha said.

Three days I waited for the response from the other side,
Right now I am sitting with a piece of paper in my hand. A statement from my ex wife.

She has clearly mentioned she won't be taking any responsibility of sammy, not now or not even in the future.

It has also written that she would like to avoid any disturbance regarding me or my daughter. She takes no responsibility of Sammy.
I knew it, I expected such results.
But I had little hopes, maybe, maybe she learnt her lesson, maybe she realized the value of her own daughter. She hasn't.

I threw the paper on the ground and went for a good walk.
While walking my mind was constantly showing me the face of Varsha and the cute bond she shares with Sammy.
She would be a perfect mother for her, she will provide all the love, all the care to Sammy and me. Only if she loves me back..

With my years of experience with this feeling called ' love '
I have guided alot of juniors and set them up.
I think it's time to apply those advices I gave them to myself.

I sat on a bench and let my inner thoughts talk..
“ what if she likes me back ” this probability had had amazing life for all three of us. Everything seemed perfect as I imagined if she was mine..

Then I imagined the negative side,
" What if she doesn't like me back? ”
Then the whole world came crashing down. But I won't let anyone destroy the beautiful abode I have created and won't let anyone be the source of darkness to my colourful world.

True, I will be heart broken  if she doesn't like me back, but it's her choice right?
I can't force her to love me.
How will that impact me?
I have faced harder stuff in life then rejection and rejection doesn't even bother me. After few days I'll put on a smile for my daughter and do whatever it takes to make her happy. Afterall her happiness is my therapy.

I stood up, all determined to ask her. Worst she can do is reject.
I need to get this thing off my chest. I can't wait anymore.

I dailed her number, my hands were shaking. What's wrong me with me? Where did all the motivation go?
I inhaled deeply and decided to text instead,

Vee, you free?

Varsha - yeah, but where's Sammy?

Wow, that rhymed. She's in school,

Varsha - yeah we are ungraduated poets so cool.

Back to the point, I need to talk to you,

Varsha- kya and kyun?

Something important, where to meet?

Varsha - colaba? Restaurant downstreet?

Me - accha final.

Varsha - bye chal.