Part 10

Rohit held sammy's hands Gently, and rubbed his toe on her palm. Varsha thought of leaving the room and give privacy to the father-daughter duo.
As soon as she stood up to leave,
Samaira caught the hem of her kurti.

Varsha looked over at Rohit.
He gestured her to sit.
Varsha's presence will make it easy for sammy.

" Baby, will you please tell us what those girls were doing
To you? "

Sammy grabbed her bunny bear and sniffled, after lot of convinces she told them the truth,
" Those girls were been mean to me.
They were saying things like I am lucky to have a dad like you, who's captain of Indian cricket team. Otherwise I don't even deserve to be your daughter."
Rohit's heart broke listening to this and Varsha's eyes widened.

" What else they did say? "
Sammy hesitated for a while but eventually after a chocolate she said it,
" They were asking where is my mom?
Why doesn't she attend fancy dress competitions with me "

Rohit had teary eyes listening to this.
Varsha looked over at Rohit,
He was shattered inside. It was clearly visible on his eyes.
Varsha quickly hugged Sammy. She was baffled by this behavior.
She felt bad for Sammy and Rohit. She knew it's not her matter to interfere in their lives,
But somewhere deep inside it hurted her.

Rohit got up from the chair and went out.
He was thankful to varsha for not letting Sammy see him cry.
He hated to be so vulnerable around some stranger but he was sure that Varsha wouldn't comment about his state and make him feel miserable.

He went out of the room in the balcony.
He started at nothing but the sky. All those memories of him and his wife came back. He smiled at few memories and controlled his tears at the others.
Varsha handled Samaira in the room very well by telling her stories about warrior princesses which she loves.

Soon Sammy drifted off to a slumber and Varsha got out.
It was awkward for her, but she didn't wanna leave Rohit in these state. Atleast she felt like talking to him will be a kind gesture.

She looked over at Rohit and slowly entered the balcony. She leaned over. Rohit felt her presence around him and smiled weakly. He rubbed a few tears of his cheeks.
" I am sorry you had to witness all these things "
He felt guilty and apologized. He felt like it wasn't Varsha's matter but still she had to deal with it.
Might be frustrating for some people. Varsha wasn't one of those people.

" You don't have to. It's fine."
There was an awkward silence.
She didn't knew what to say.
" I think you need to complain these to principal. She is just 5 and getting bullied. "

" I will not only complain but change her school. I can't let my daughter to attend such a school"

Again silence erupted the environment.
They both looked over at the butterfly that flew gracefully in front of their eyes.

" Thank you " He said out of blue.

" Eh, nahh no thanks.
I won't let my favourite girl suffer. "
She gave an enchanting smile.

" Rohit, it's not my thing to ask. But I am concerned " She paused a little then said,
" She will face a lot of problems growing up with no mom. I am not telling you aren't giving your best. You are. But, she.. " Varsha couldn't process the right words she wanted to deliver.

Rohit put the hand on her shoulder and said, " Gurl, chill. I get it. I know. I know she will face problems. I am scared of what lie I will give when she asks me about her mother.
I thought I still have time to make up an excuse. But not anymore. She's smart and she has started understanding things. What if she asks me about her mother. how am I going to bring her? "
He opened up to Varsha.

" I am sure you will figure it out by time " She reassured him.
There was an echoing silence in the air. He knew he had to find answers for his curious daughter and the time was running fast.

Varsha felt it was the right moment to give him a comforting hug. He hugged her back taking in the warmth and comfort she provided.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~••~~•~••~

" In which language do you understand stay away from Rohit" Virat yelled at the phone.

Varsha rolled her eyes. He called her at the midnight to just scream at her about the upcoming pics that are taking internet by stroll.

" It was a mere coincidence brother " She mimicked the same tone.

" Be honest, Are you in touch with him? " He sighed frustrated.

" No " She replied and cut the call. She wasn't going to entertain any of his agression without him having any idea of what actually happened.

Virat on the other hand took all his anger out on the punching bag.
Anushka tried to console him, he was quite after some time.

" I can't see her in another heartbreak Nush " He said rubbing his forehead.

" She made it clear that they are nothing more then friends, why are you worried. And even if they were, don't you trust Rohit.
Your own best friend. "
She said.

" It's not about trusting Anushka.
His life is already fucked up,
And so is Varsha's.
She is trying to move on make some money, so the charity work, but all these contacts with Rohit will worsen her image and his too. You know right, how much hatred they can recieve.
It will affect both of them, and it's the world Cup year "

Virat got a point and Anushka understood why he was frustrated. But that didn't give him the right to call her at midnight and scold her. She's a grown up women who can deal with her emotions and doesn't need her brother to interfere in her life.

Virat is still not over with the tragidity Varsha suffered. He's just concerned.

" Don't worry Virat. Both are strong and will find their way back. "

~•'•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Sorry for the late update. Life is fucked up. College started and pretty much studies are nowhere to be handled.

I'll try to update this one as much as I can.

I appreciate your patience

Love you all ♥