Chapter Eight

Two weeks later I'm fully healed and back to my regular schedule. My mom knew how I felt about the police being called; she understood that Brayden said that he took care of the situation so she let it go.

We made it to lunch and all day Brayden, Taylor, Stacey and Justin were trying to think of something fun to do this weekend.

"What about going skating?" Stacey brought up.

We all looked at her crazy.

"Yeah and maybe I'll request them to play Justin Bieber and we can start dating twelve year olds while we're at it too." Taylor said.

We all started laughing and Stacey looked a little pissed.

"Well, I don't see any of you guys coming up with ideas!"

"What about Ashley Prater's party this weekend?" Brayden suggested.

We all looked at each other. Ashley Prater's parties were the parties that everyone wanted to go to. There was always alcohol and drugs provided. Her house was kind of hard to find, it's off of a back road and it's surrounded by trees. So it doesn't get busted and she barely has any neighbors.

"I'm down if ya'll are down. I haven't been to any of her parties and I wanna see what all the hype is about." Justin said.

"We're in!" Taylor and Stacey said together.

"What about you babe?" Brayden asked me.

"Sure." I said as I shrugged my shoulder.

"Yay! I'm excited to see Party Brayden in action. I hear all these crazy stories from both of ya'll from your time in Cali, I'm ready to see that up close and personal!" Taylor gushed.

Brayden and Justin both laughed.

Me, I don't do parties. I never went to them and I definitely didn't plan on going to one anytime soon. But I'm only going to Ashley's party because all of my friends are. I don't want to be the only one sitting at home watching Netflix on a Friday night. Even to me, that sounds sad.

The bell rang for us to go back to class, and Brayden held my hand as we walked down the hallway.

"Why don't you want to go to the party Friday?" he suddenly asked me.

"Because, partying isn't something I do and it's definitely not something I'm used to."

"It'll be fun. You need to break out of your shell. Get outside of your comfort zone a bit. Who knows, you might like it."

I snorted. "Yeah right." I thought.

"Well, maybe by a long shot. But just try and have fun tomorrow night." He stopped and turned to face me and put his hands on the side of my face.

"Please just try to have fun for lil ol' me.."

And that's when he put on the full blown puppy dog face. Ugh, he looked so adorable when he made that face.

"I guess I can try.."

"Yes! That's my girl." He kissed my forehead and walked in the direction of his next class.

Why did I have a feeling that this is going to turn into something crazy?

* * *

The next day, Stacey and Taylor demanded that we go to my house after school to get ready for the party.

"What about this outfit?" Taylor asked as he pulled some clothes out of my closet.

"It's November! Why would I want to be wearing that?" I cried out.

"Because when your at a party like Ashley's, it's jam packed and you don't want to be dressed in layers sweety or you'll be sweating on places you don't want to."

It was a cheetah crop top, high waisted shorts and black sandals. The outfit was kind of out there but I decided why not? I'll most likely never go to another party so why not dress up to please my friends?

"Alright, I'll wear it." I grumbled.

Taylor and Stacey squealed and Taylor threw the clothes at me.

"Go put it on! Go, go, go!" He said as he practically pushed me into the bathroom.

I put on my clothes and looked at the mirror. Hmm, nothing looks bad. The shorts are like a second skin and makes my hips look wider, the top makes my boobs look a little bigger than my size B cup. Hate to say it, but I'm impressed. I walked out of the bathroom and showed them their creation.

"Aww, our baby is blooming into a delicate flower." Stacey said wiping fake tears away.

"Sit down so we can do your make up! Sit, sit, sit!" Taylor said.

I sat down on my bed and closed my eyes so they can use my face at their will. I felt my hair being fluffed, lipstick getting smeared on my lips, eyeliner drawn on my lids, and tweezers pulling at my eyebrows.

"Done! Now look and see the beautiful creation we made!" Stacey gushed.

I got up and walked to the mirror. I love what they did! Red MAC lipstick, thick black eyeliner, and they made my eyebrows look flawless.

"Speechless? Of course! We just enhanced your beauty to its full potential!" Taylor said as he stood behind me.

"Thanks guys." I hugged them both. "Now let's party!"