Chapter Thirty

*Mature content*

Things have gotten better in Brayden and I's relationship. We try to take some time out of the week just for us. It ranged from just staying at home, cuddling on the couch and watching movies to dressing up and going to a nice restaurant.

We needed to work on us, and that's what we were trying to accomplish. It seemed to be working.

"I love you so much." Brayden mumbled as he continued to kiss me.

"Get a room!" Justin called out.

We stopped and Brayden wrapped his arms around me. "Planning on it!"

I laughed and swatted his chest. "Stop being so nasty.."

We were currently at graduation practice waiting on instructions from the counselors.

"Party tomorrow after graduation?" Taylor asked us.

"Hell yeah. We're finally getting out of this place! Goodbye to High School." Justin said.

"Preach! I need to destress from after all those finals we just took and this party is calling my name!" Taylor exclaimed.

A party did sound fun. I haven't been to one in a couple of months.. So why not? Even though my brace was due to come off in a couple of weeks, this cripple was still able to have fun..

"I'm in!" I said.

* * *

Nothing is that great about graduating. You literally sit there through three to five speeches. And you know who whoever is talking is trying to put out encouraging words and wishing you best in the future, but you zone out constantly. And the only thing you want them to get to is the name calling and handing out diplomas..

Finally, my row stands up and we walk to the stage and wait.

"Amelia Kristin Brooks.."

I smile as I hear my family and friends cheer from the stands. I walk up the steps and my principal hands me my diploma.

"Congratulations."

"Thank you.." I reply and walk down the stairs and stand for my picture.

That's it.. My high school career is over. Just like that. It doesn't even feel like it happened..

I make my way back to the seat and wait until all of the names are called.

"You may turn your tassels to the left. Congratulations to the class of twenty fifteen!"

Everyone turned their tassels and tossed their caps into the air.

It was officially over..

* *

I dressed in a black skater skirt that came over my belly button, black crop top, and red flats. I topped it off with my favorite red MAC lipstick.

Throughout the night, we danced, drank, and had fun. That's what the party was about.

The vibe of the party was great, everyone was just letting loose and having fun.

"Wanna get another drink?" Brayden asked in my ear.

I nodded and I let him guide me to the kitchen and he refilled our cups.

"Gotta go to the bathroom. Be right back." Brayden said and made his way out the kitchen.

I went through my phone and sipped my drink while I waited on him.

"Aye girl, where have you been all my life?" Some guy said from behind me.