"Asalaam Walaikum, Begum," Murtasim greeted his wife as her laughing face filled his screen. His heart did a slight flip in his chest. The carefree sound of her laughter was something he had never heard before. It was like a melody made to enchant him. "What is so funny, Begum? Please Share."

"Walaikum Salaam, Khan Sahab," Meerab replied, trying to contain her laughter, "Nothing, just girl stuff." Meerab scanned her husband's face. Her Khan Sahab looked relaxed, but she wanted to be sure. Her husband was a reluctant Khan who fought his demons daily. "How are you doing, Khan Sahab? How was the dinner?"

"The dinner was fine, and so am I," Murtasim retorted, "You are a busy woman, Begum, so I thought I would call and give you an update on myself. You see, just training Armaan on how to be a good husband."

"Murtasim, Armaan already called Sanam two hours ago to get an update on the dinner," Heer jumped into the conversation.

Murtasim glared at his security head as the kids laughed, "Begum, I have called you to introduce you to your fans."He then introduced his wife to all four kids, and the conversation flowed to the wedding date and its preparations. The girls noticed Meerab's mehndi, so she held up her hands to show them the design. That is when he saw a small bandage on his wife's wrist. His world titled, and fear gripped his heart, "What happened to your wrist, Begum?"

"Your Kaanch ki choodiyaan happened to her wrist Murtasim Bhai," Aarzoo remarked, "The bangles got stuck with the embroidery of her dupatta, and when she tugged on it, they broke in her wrist."

Meerab noticed her husband's mood turn panicky, "Khan Sahab, it is a small scratch. I am fine." Meerab clarified, trying to reassure her husband, but he was already up.

"I am coming to get you," Murtasim declared, got up, and left to reach his wife with Armaan at his heel, with Agha Ji and Junaid following them.

About half an hour later, a caravan of cars was parked outside Rifat Khala's house. The modest street had never seen so much excitement. Even though it was around eleven at night, people had gathered on their roofs to investigate the commotion. Khan Murtasim Khan was visiting his Sasuraal, and everyone was trying to catch a glimpse. In the adorable living room of the Hussain house, Murtasim waited patiently as Rifat Khala served him Sheer Khumra. Even his favorite dessert was not enough to distract him. He was worried out of his mind. Finally, Badi Amma told him that Meerab was on the roof. Murtasim immediately climbed two stairs as he was irked that she had not come down to greet him.

As he opened the door to the rooftop, he almost crashed into his wife. She looked stressed, and his heart sank. Supporting her in his arms, he asked, "What happened Meerab?" Murtasim took her face in his hands, not caring about the prying eyes on other rooftops. He asked, "Are you hurt anywhere?"

"I am fine, Khan Sahab, don't worry." Meerab calmed her husband by rubbing his chest."I was coming to get you. We need to go the hospital right now; Heer is in labor."

Murtasim yelled for Armaan, and everyone was at the hospital within minutes. Junaid was in the delivery room with his Heer while the rest of the family waited anxiously outside. Hospitals made him anxious. The sanitized air brought back a feeling of dread. The last time he had been inside a hospital was to collect the dead bodies of his family. Murtasim sat on a bench clutching Meerab's hand for strength. It was ironic that he was in love with a woman who would spend the rest of her life in a hospital. He was the one who had insisted that Meerab become a doctor. He now realized he had to share her with these sanitized floors and gloomy corridors for the rest of his life. Meerab squeezed his hand in support, and he felt his nerves settle. Confident that his wife would show him the way through, he rested his head on her shoulder for courage.

Seven hours later, Heer and Junaid were blessed with a baby girl. The arrival of the new baby officially canceled the Murrie vacation. Leaving the new parents alone to spend time with each other and the baby, the rest of the family came home early in the morning. Everyone was happy, but Murtasim could not forget a senior doctor's conversation with Meerab when he had insisted that she see a doctor for her wrist. The doctor had looked at Murtasim as if he had lost all brain cells. Apparently, to graduate, his wife must pass her exams and attend a two-week medical camp in one of the remotest areas of Sindh. This information did not sit well with him.

As they entered their bedroom, Murtasim gathered his wife in his embrace. He felt all the tension left his body when she hugged him back. She was his haven, his sanity. Murtasim kissed her hair, and in the next second, he lifted his wife off her feet. Her arms went around his neck for support. He gently placed her on the sofa and kneeled before her. With the utmost care, he took her bangles off one by one. His thumb gently caressed the bandage on her wrist.

Murtasim placed a feather-light kiss on the wound, taking both her hands in his. Then he kissed the inside of her other wrist. Murtasim took out the Gajre he had bought this morning outside the hospital when he had gone to get some air. He slipped them onto her wrists one by one. The softness of flowers soothed the harshness of bangle wounds. "I am so sorry, Meerab." He apologized for the pain his love for her bangles caused her.

"Don't apologize, Khan Sahab," Meerab kissed his forehead to stabilize her husband's overthinking brain. "I wear those bangles out of my love for you. Mera Sukoon aapke sukoon mein hai, Khan Sahab."

Murtasim felt a calm wash over him at her words. He got up, sitting next to her; he packed her in his arms. Smiling, he examined her Henna design, "Where is my name?"

"Why would I have your name in my Mehndi?" Meerab teased.

"You are my officially wedded wife," Murtasim declared, "Haq hai mera!"

"Haq toh hai aapka," Meerab agreed, "That is why your name is on my hand. You have every right to find it."

Murtasim lifted his eyes, and when they met hers. Her eyes sparkled like fine whisky. "Or I can make you tell me," Murtasim murmured, capturing her lips in his—slow, gentle, and teasing. Murtasim indulged himself in her softness. Her taste was his drug. Melting like wax, she surrendered into his arms. Greedy, he dove deeper and heard her moan. He felt her heart race against his. Dizzy on her taste, he wanted more. The ringtone of his phone brought them back to reality. The London office was calling.

A/N- First of all thank you so much for understanding that I needed some time to myself. You guys are the best. My readers are the Best. Thank you so much to ivystarflower aka Noor for the beautiful new cover. I am floored and honored. 

It looks like the lines from the spoiler are making it to the next chapter, which, as promised, will be Thursday. Thank you so much for loving my simple story so much. Feedback please, it keeps me motivated. 

On a side note, Coach Junaid is very cute, and I wish there was more Zaid in that first episode. Duality of Wahaj Ali is no joke.

Keep shining and be kind everyone!

Amnu