Chapter 1

I stood at the bank of the river that bordered the mage academy. It was my final week here after seven long years. I wasn't eager to return home I have even made arrangements to ensure that I won't return there. As the second son my pack's Alpha, I was the cast away among the children. My father simply wanted me as a security measure incase anything happens to my brother, the heir. Due to the increasing attacks from other supernatural communities and, I came here to hone my skills in the mystic arts.

"All graduating students should be in attendance at the Grand hall in five minutes for the graduating ceremony." A voice instructed through my mind.

I am already used to this kind of spells and memory infiltration processes. This was the normal way of communication in the Mage academy. A normal wolf would have been overwhelmed by this mind infiltration. I once was, when I first entered the academy.

I made my way to the hall and took my seat at a corner on the gallery. I do this every time so that I can have a broad view of the hall. At this point, I could see everyone who comes in and out of the hall. I noticed Allison, Jasper entering the hall. Immediately, they looked up at my position and smiled. These two are my best friends.

Allison is the beta's daughter in her pack, The Scarlet Crescent Pack. From the first day I saw her, I immediately knew that she would be a head turner. She is a beauty and was immediately getting attention from all the boys. But, all the attention stopped when Jasper resumed with us. They were mates.

I smiled back at them and beckoned them over. These two were the closest thing I have to a family. I would die and even kill for them.

"You almost made us arrived late." I could hear Allison chastising her mate.

"Chill babe, even if we were late, I would teleport us." Jasper defended.

With the way they argue sometimes, a stranger would find it hard to believe that they are mates. But hey, there's nothing really wrong in arguing.

"Yo, Leo!" Jasper greeted, shaking hands with me.

"I could hear you two voices from a mile away." I said in response.

"Traditionally, it is the man who urges the woman to hurry up. But the case is different with Jasper." Allison said.

True. Allison was right. Jasper was a very slow dresser. He takes time to prepare himself and can even spend close to an hour in the bathroom. He is also very goofy by nature. This behavior, however, should not fool you for Jasper is one of the most powerful mage that I have ever met. Same goes for Allison.

"I will call this meeting to order." The principal said, his voice booming, and soon, silence dominated the hall.

"It has been seven years since you arrived here, I am sure that some of you still remember that fateful day. It was in this same hall. All of you have grown to become some of the best mages that this academy has ever produced. Despite some squeaks that we encountered," he said, looking in me and my friends direction.

"..you all developed in your arts and skills and are ready to serve the werewolf community" He proceeded to advise us to use our powers and skills for good and wished us the best. We all stood up and applauded the speech.

We got outside to socialize with one another before leaving. Some parents and family members of the graduating students were already outside, waiting for their wards. Even Allison's mum and dad were outside.

My family? Nah. Nothing.

For the past seven years, I haven't seen my parents or my two siblings. I am not surprised though. I am simply the middle child. The first and last born are the most important members of the family. Throughout my studies in this academy, I received no calls, messages, visits, nothing. It really hurt me to see other students mingling with their family but mine were too busy for me.

To ease my loneliness, I associated with Allison's family more and more. I am practically an adopted member of the family already.

"Hello Mr. Grayson, hi Mrs. Grayson." I said cheerfully.

"Hello kids, congratulations on your graduation." I heard the three of you are among the top five students for this academic session. I'm proud of you all." Mr. Grayson. Allison's dad said.

"Thanks." I said, beaming.

"Yo, Dad! Do you know that Leo was the best student for this year?"

"Really?" he asked, facing me.

"Yeah." I signed, secretly wishing that my family would be here.

Seeing my apparent sadness, Mrs. Grayson wrapped her arm around my shoulders.

"Don't let it get to you." She said.

"I am past that already." I whispered back.

I glanced at Jasper and Allison. She was sitting on his lap while he looked straight into her eyes, smiling.

The one thing known to a few about my family is how I am actually treated. I wasn't just basically ignored as a member of the family; I also got the good things taken away from me. Toys? Snatched from me and given to my younger sister. My first childhood girlfriend? Snatched by my older brother.

The straw that broke the camel's back was when Adam, my brother bedded by mate. This was the last straw for me. What hurt me the most was the fact that my parents were still supporting Adam. Sophie, my mate, wasn't even sorry. After all, to sleep with the soon to be alpha is an opportunity eyed by a lot of girls

Knowing I couldn't defeat my brother in battle, the nineteen year old me simply applied into the academy, performed excellently in the tests and got a scholarship.

I have always known that I have elemental abilities. I was labeled a weirdo by my family for these abilities. Perhaps this was why my mate even rejected me.

I smiled at my two friends wondered what if holds for me.

"Leo," they both called. "We have received our assignments. We are going back to our respective packs."

"Wow, that's something. Won't it pose a problem for both of you?" I asked, after all, they are mated.

"Well, we've thought about it. My pack has a mage already. So, I will simply move in with Jasper next month."

"That's fine."

"Well, what about you." Jasper asked.

"My request hasn't been approved yet." I said.

"Keep me posted on any development." He said.

I nodded.