44 Two Teams

We all got in our suits.

———

   "We found it." Sam told Steve, as Steve confronted Stark and the others as me, Sam and Bucky were in terminal. "Their Quinjet's in hangar five, north runway."
We got up and ran towards the jet through the terminal.

    "What the hell is that?" Bucky asked as what looks like a boy in a red onesies started climbing on the glass.

    "Everyone's got a gimmick now." Sam said.

The boy swung and broke through the glass kicking Sam back. Bucky turned around to punch with his metal arm but the boy caught the punch.

    "You have a metal arm?" The voice sounded like a kid as he looked at the arm amazed. "That is awesome, dude."
I moved my hand to the side causing the kid to hit the wall, but not too hard. The moment the kid stood up Sam flew into him.
Bucky and I got back to running.

——

Bucky threw a sign up at the kid and we ducked behind a pillar.
   "Hey buddy I think you lost this." I heard the kid say as the sign came flying back. I stepped out making it burst into little pieces.

We spotted Sam stuck to the glass railing above the staircase. Just as the kid swung forward Bucky ran in front causing him and Sam to fall back and hit the ground below. The kid shot a web at Bucky's arm keeping him stuck to the ground. Then he swung over to me, before I could react, I was kicked to the ground
and shot webs at my hands sticking them to the floor.

    "Guys, look, I'd love to keep this up, but I've only got one job here today and I gotta impress Mr. Stark, so, I'm really sorry." The kid apologized but before he could do anything Sam's little jet grabbed onto the kid and flew him out the window.

    "You couldn't have done that earlier?" Bucky groaned.

     "I hate you." Sam said.

The web's on my hands burn and I run to the edge looking over at the two.
Bucky rips his arm free and I help Sam.

—————

   "Come on!" Steve yelled as we joined him and the others, Lang, Wanda and Clint all running to the jet.

A yellow beam cut the ground in front of us, I looked up to see Vision.

    "Captain Rogers..." Vision called as Tony, Nat, the came together in front of us." I know you believe what you're doing is right. But for the collective good... you must surrender now." Rhodey cam in with T'Challa and then the Kid.

It was us against them.

   "What do we do, Cap?" Sam asked.

    "We fight." Steve answered and we started towards the others. Walking turned into running and then flying from the ones that could.

We clash. I look up and drag Vision down, he quickly brought himself back up in the air trying to hit me with his beam but I dodge before he gets distracted by Clint. I run off to find Bucky.

"Hey kitty." I call to T'Challa as he has Bucky again a container, and was about to end him. I smile I throw him in the air and into a loading tunnel.

————

"We gotta go." Steve said looking over Bucky and I as we pressed our backs against the sides of stairs for exiting plains.

"That guy's probably in Siberia by now." Bucky guessed.

"We gotta draw out the flyers." Steve decided. "I'll take Vision, you get to the jet."

"No, you get to the jet!" Sam told us over the radio. "The three of you! The rest of us aren't getting out of here."

"As much as I hate to admit it... if we're gonna win this one, some of us might have to lose it." Clint accepted.

"This isn't the real fight, Steve." Sam said.

"All right, Sam. What's the play?" Steve asked.

"We need a diversion. Something big." Sam told us.

"I got something kinda big." We heard Lang. "But I can't hold it very long. On my signal, run like hell. And if I tear my self in half... don't come back for me."

"He's gonna tear himself in half?" Bucky questioned.

"You sure about this, Scott?" Steve checked.

"I do it all the time. I mean, once. In a lab. Then I passed out." Scott explained.

I look in shock as there is suddenly a giant Scott holding onto Rhodey.

"I guess that's the signal." Steve said looking up.

"Let's go." I look at Bucky and we run.

The watch tower began to crumble and fall towards the entrance of the hangar. Suddenly red covers the bottom and it is held above the hangar. I look behind to see Wanda, before continuing to run.
Just as we were under the tower it began to fall at normal speed. The three of us speed up just barely making it through but stop when we see Nat.

"You're not gonna stop." Nat accepted.

"You know I can't." Steve told her.

"I'm gonna regret this." She says raising her arm pointing it a Steve. But instead of her shooting Steve with the shock she shot something else we turn to see T'Challa. "Go."

I give her a nod and we run into the jet, and shoot off into the air as she kept shocking T'Challa.

I look out the window too see Rhodey quickly flying after us. But Sam is soon on his tail. Steve made us go faster.

————

"What's gonna happen to your friends?" Bucky asked.

"Whatever it is... I'll deal with it." Steve told him.

"It would be worse for us, for you, for me. If we got caught." I say.

"I don't know if I'm worth all this." Bucky said.

"What you did all those years... It wasn't you. You didn't have a choice." Steve told him.

"I know. But I did it." Bucky said.

"Bucky, you could have killed me." I say.

"I know." Bucky looked down.

"No, I mean you could've killed me, but you didn't. When you still under HYDRA's control, and you didn't remember us. You would fight Steve like he was just some stranger but me, you would push me to the side. One time you had me pinned underneath you I wasn't gonna hurt you, but you still didn't know who I was. I thought you were gonna kill me, instead of my head you punch the ground directly beside it and then you got up and left, going after Steve." I smile. "Even under HYDRA a part of you stop you from killing me. Bucky you're not a monster you are a man, a great man, you always have been you fight against the bad so the good can be free." I give him a kiss on the cheek.

"I remember giving you that." He looked down at the ring on my finger. "It was raining."

I smile at him, "We were soaking wet when we got home. You kept on apologizing. You told me you had everything planned out perfectly but the weather ruined everything. I told you that..."

"Nothing could have made it better, it was perfect already." Bucky finished.

I reach for his arm not caring for it being metal and interlocking our fingers. He looked at my worried and confused but gave in and relaxed.