Breaking Point

Over the course of the next days Amy's visions became much worse. She would always end up in the forest or the basement, resulting in her waking up screaming. 

Her mother would wake and check on her but Amy always insisted she was fine.

"Lorraine, it's late, what are you doing?" Ed called out to his wife who was pacing up and down the kitchen .

"Sorry love, I couldn't sleep, I just feel like I am missing something, and I can't figure out what it is." she softly replied while she started to play with her rosary that was wrapped around her wrist.

"With Amy you mean?" Ed asked as he placed his hands on her shoulders to stop her in her tracks.

Pulling her into his arms Lorraine nodded "I'm so worried about her Ed." she let out in a quiet sob. He watched as tears ran down her soft cheeks as she pulled herself free from his embrace, trying to pull herself together again.

"It's okay hun. You go back to sleep, I will - " Lorraine started but was interrupted by a small whisper

"Mummy."

"Oh Judy, you should be asleep, it's really late." Lorraine said while quickly wiping away her tears.

"Your mother is right, come on, I will take you up." Ed agreed reaching out his hand for Judy to take, but she didn't.

"I need to tell you something, but you can't be mad okay. Amy promised me not to tell."
"Can it not wait till the morning?" Lorraine asked softly and then watched Judy shake her head.

"When Amy was babysitting me, after you just got back from your last case, I took the keys and went into the basement. I wanted to see what you brought back."

Ed and Lorraine looked at each other and then each pulled out a chair from under the kitchen table and sat down

"Judy, you know you are never allowed in there without me or daddy."

"I know, but I really wanted to see what you got so I went in and looked at it." Judy said tearing up, afraid she would be in a lot of trouble for this.

"Did you touch it?" Ed asked, trying to keep his voice calm.

Judy nodded "But with a cloth! I know never to touch anything in there with my bare hands."

Lorraine let out a small sigh of relief "Okay, we'll that's good."

"But Amy did, with her bare hands."

Ed and Lorraine's faces dropped, hoping they misheard her.

"What?" Lorraine let out in worry.

"She didn't mean too! I didn't mean too! I'm sorry!" Judy cried as she hugged her teddy that she was holding tightly.

Lorraine got up from her seat and made her way over, kneeling down to her level and gently placed her hands on Judy's arms "Hey, its okay sweetheart. But you'll need to tell us exactly what happened."

"Amy called for me and it made me jump, so I dropped it and without thinking Amy picked it up using her hands. Only, some of it broke off. She said she wouldn't tell on me and that we should forget it ever happened."
Judy sniffed

"Do you know where she put the broken pieces?" Ed asked

Judy nodded "In a small box in her bedroom, I think she put it on the top shelf of her wardrobe."

In that moment Lorraine suddenly slipped into a vision, but it felt more like a memory, but it wasn't hers, it was Amy's.

Lorraine could see the woman that had been following her around, she watched as the woman whispered in Amy's her ear before Amy got out the car shouting about the suitcase. Lorrain knew this woman, she knew her very well. As she came out of her vision she let out small gasp, got up and ran downstairs to the office, grabbing the keys as she went.