Winning and attracting Kushida's jealousy

Third Pov:-

As expected by Raphael, Horikita won the race without even losing her normal breathing rate.

Raphael looked at her race group. She has already long decided to win the race. It was when she was cast in the same group as Kushida.

The Kushida connection will be really useful. If Raphael had not known her personality from anime, she would still have acted like this. Why?
Because Kushida's well!
Raphael has seen and explored the darkest parts of humans the
Maybe because of this she only trusts herself. When one is alone only then can they finally display their kill

Raphael moved in on her position. The boys were confused, about who to cheer for.
At last, they choose something everyone would have chosen.
Both!
Kushida gave them a wave but Raphael just looked down in water.

Many boys swear that they saw her red face. People like small, cute and defenceless things more.
This action quickly gained her many fans.

I mean she looks cute while 'blushing'.

Raphael closed her eyes and quickly got in position.
After opening them she waited for the signal of the start of the race.

If she had calculated correctly then Kushida's speed will be below 30 seconds.

'Probably that girl name Onodera will win the race.'
Raphael, unlike those hot-headed teenagers, has no desire of winning.
She glanced at Horikita and gave a light wave. Horikita just ignored it and looked at the pool.

"Get in position, everyone "
Raphael got in a moderate position. Not a perfect one but can be used.

"Go"
Two girls quickly took the lead. One was Raphael and another was Onodera.
The boys cheered for Raphael. The voices cheering for Onodera were not audible. This causes her fighting spirit or swimming spirit to be diminished.
This was something expected from Raphael.

The most important thing in a competition is the fighting spirit.
Raphael scoffed in her heart and took the lead, easily.
Why are we affected so much by someone else thoughts?
From side eyes, Onodera was able to see Raphael taking the lead. Even then she just swam at a steady rate not trying to win anymore. She has already lost the moment she lost her fighting spirit.

Raphael finished the race at 24.22 seconds. The second place was Onodera with 25.77 seconds.
A major difference.
By the way, Horikita finished the race with 27 seconds and Kushida with 31 seconds.
Winning a fight is much easier when one knows their strength and weaknesses.

First-person Pov:-

As expected I won the race. Letting out a sign of relief I walked up to Onodera and said, "It was a good race".
Onodera looked at me and smiled, " I did not stand a chance".
"I was learning to swim from a very early stage."
"...I see"

"I am sure you will win next time if you practice properly"
Onodera looked at the pool and gave a sad smile, "Maybe..."

An awkward silence was held between us.
"See you around then"
It's time to say bye and get my points.
---

In boys, Koenji won the race with 23.12 seconds.