Chapter 9: Two God's Wrath

This chapter is dedicated to fanficfantic. Your fangirl book is LEGIT my favorite fangirl book on all of wattpad <3 I've read it so many times I'm losing count XD Also I cant believe you followed me out of your over a thousand followers :) I'm so honored

Echo's P.O.V

I COULDN'T BELIEVE WHAT I WAS HEARING! Asher was going to die because of Hera! That sick witch!

As the voices in my head screamed, I was hopelessly trying to escape Hera's grip. My legs flailed, my arms were throwing punches, and tears were streaming down my cheeks. I looked at Asher, trying to tell him no, but he wouldn't budge.

He already knew exactly what I was trying to say. I wanted the offer to be for me! I wanted to make the decision! I wanted Asher to live! He was the one thing I needed. Even more than freedom from my curse. He had to understand that he'd be better off without me than me without him!

Hera then spoke. "Now Asher, we need to decide your way of leaving."

He stared at the ground as my mouth opened, trying to let our a scream. It was no use. He was going to die, and there was no way I could help him.

"STOP!" A voice bellowed from above.

I looked up to see who it could be. Hephaestus. He began walking toward Hera, anger smeared across his face.

"So, you thought you were going to kill my son!?"

She smiled,"But of course! He has failed to obey me, and decided not to fulfill the quest that me, queen of the gods...including you, assigned to him. He'd rather help this stupid girl!"

Hephaestus muttered something under his breath, then spoke up. "You have no right to kill my son! Or any god's son as a matter of fact!"

Hera shook her head from side to side. "Oh Hapheastus, do you not realize with whom you are quarreling with? I'm am the Goddess of all! You cannot speak against my word!"

"Your right. He can't. But I can!" Boomed a voice. Zeus.

Fear showed on Hera's face. "Zeus! W-w-what are you doing here? I thought you were dealing with that problem I told you about?"

"Oh I was Hera! Until I found out it was all part of your little scheme! Haven't you learned from your previous mistakes and little games?" He shouted.

Hera released her grip on me, and I stumbled away from her. Asher came toward me, pulling me next to him.

Zeus continued to lecture Hera, unleashing his rage until he realized storms were forming above us.

Then he turned to us. "I apologize Asher. You will not be killed. And neither will Echo. You two are free to go. In the meantime, I have to deal with my ignorant wife!"

Asher cleared his throat,"Ahem. Um, aren't you guys forgetting something?"

I smiled, "Forgetting something?"

Zeus glared at Hera, "Lift. The. Curse. Now."

She rolled her eyes and refused to do it, at least until the lightning started. She said a few words, then began yelling at Zeus. That's when I felt this deep feeling of relief inside me. Like a prisoner released after a lifetime in jail.

"I'm free."

Asher jerked his head around to face me. "You-you can talk now!"

I smiled,"Yeah. I can. I can! I CAN I CAN I CAN!!!"

I jumped up and hugged Asher so hard. "THANK YOU ASHER! I love you so mu--"

Before I could finished he pulled me in front of him, placing a kiss right on my lips. My heart started pounding so hard as he pressed harder and harder. Every moment in my life could never compare to this, nor the feeling of it! I swear my stomach was doing somersaults through out the entire kiss. I couldn't believe it was happening all at once! I was free. Hera was punished. I could speak. Asher was kissing me. I had the one thing I'd needed from the start! The one thing that tore me from the sadness inside me. One person that cared, loved, and was always there for me, and his name, Asher. The son of Hepheastus, with no special powers like fire, but an even more special form of power. His love.

_______

(A/N) I REALLY HOPE YOU GUYS LIKED THIS CHAPTER!!!! Echo was finally freed!!!

Btw, I'm writing an epilogue soon! It will be in third person though, no P.O.V's. Make sure to look out for the EPILOGUE update! Ty everyone who has read this far! Ty for all the votes! Ty for all the comments!!!

🔹Vote, Comment, Follow, Share🔹

~Spongey <3

Echoजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें