Chapter 4: Godess of Love

This chapter is dedicated to aaliyahpanda123. XD your comments made me laugh so hard since you weren't quite getting what this story was based on LOLZ! Your support is amazing and your such an awesome friend ;)

Asher's P.O.V

I hadn't slept that night. The storm had been raging outside all night, as Echo lay in my arms. She was so peaceful when she was asleep, no one would ever want to wake her. The sun has risen, but I didn't move a muscle, afraid to wake up Echo. Her eyes began fluttering open. When she saw me, her whole body perked up.

"Morning," I smiled.

"Morning!"

She must have slept well, for she was in a surprisingly good mood, yet I sensed she still felt troubled. I liked seeing her happy, and wanted her to be ok. I packed all our stuff in my bag and told Echo to follow me. It was time to hit the path again, and we started walking. I didn't really talk much for the first few minutes, just to watch and make sure she felt like talking. Through her smile, she looked upset, like she saw something terrible happen, so I stepped closer to her.

"Echo, are you ok?"

"Ok," she said with a frown.

"Are you still worried about what caused the storm?" I asked her.

She faced me and screamed, "The Storm!"

I stepped back. She was so spooked from the storm, but I couldn't understand why. Zeus was mad about something, and that's all it was. Then, a voice came out of nowhere.

"She's right to be worried," a woman said.

I jerked around toward where the voice had come from, to see the most beautiful woman. She was wearing a long, silky dress with jewels and sequins of all sorts. Her eyes were a sapphire blue, and her hair was golden blonde. She seemed to glow in the sunlight.

"I'm sure you can guess who I am," the lady said, smiling.

"You're Aphrodite!" I replied.

She smiled, "Yes I am, and I see your friend here is worried about the storm."

I looked over at Echo, who was sitting on the ground, staring at me with her sad eyes.

"I can't say I blame her young man, you haven't heard what happened yet, have you?" Aphrodite asked.

I shook my head.

"Well, let's just say Zeus was getting very annoyed last night. Hera had been hassling him about your friend here, Echo. You see, Hera didn't just want to curse you darling, she wanted to rid the world of you. Zeus stepped in and said it wasn't right, so she decided to make you unable to speak. Ever since she won't leave him alone about you dear. I fortunately, disagree with her ways. I believe you don't deserve such a cruel punishment, for it effects your ability to love. That old goat Narcissus couldn't see what I see and you, Echo. And I'm sure your friend here will tell you the same."

Aphrodite stepped toward me, and whispered into my ear, "You may not know it yourself, but I know that you care about this girl, and let no one tell you different. Stick with her. She needs to know there's someone in the world that listens to her, understands her, loves her."

I smiled at her, "I want her curse lifted. I want her to not feel so alone anymore."

Aphrodite frowned at me. "I'm afraid there's only one God who can lift the curse, and that is --"

"Hera," I interrupted.

I began pacing in circles, lost in a pool of thought.

"Aphrodite? Please help me. I'm not sure I can convince Hera to lift the curse."

She smiled at me, "Do what feels right in your heart. You will know what to do when the time comes. But, if you ever do need me, take this mirror, it will send a message directly to me if you ask for help. I may not seem like such a powerful godess, but when it comes to love, I will help as much as I can."

"Thank you," I said.

She squeezed my hand. "Goodbye for now... Asher. And remember, take care of her, she needs you more than you may think."

"I will!" I yelled, as Aphrodite disappeared into the air.

Running over to Echo, I took her hand.

"Come on! I'm going to get rid of your curse. I'm going to take care of you, and your going to stay with me!" I said.

She smiled, her eyes sparkling with happiness, "Stay with me."

I smiled back, and pulled her next to me as we continued our journey.

_______

(A/N) Things are getting a bit more interesting, eh? Please keep reading and check out theargo1 and all her Percy Jackson stories they are amazing!

🔹Vote, Comment, Follow, Share🔹

~Spongey <3

EchoOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara