Chapter 6: Water

This chapter is dedicated to Midnightsapphire13 for having one of my favorite Percy Jackson fanfics! I love it soooo much! You have also been very nice too me and I appreciate that!

Asher's P.O.V

The sun was shining. I looked over to see Echo, but she wasn't there. Frantically, I stood up, screaming her name.

"ECHO!" I yelled. "Echo where are you?!"

This was pointless. She wasn't responding, and she always echoed back. I grabbed my pack and ran off into the woods. There's no way I was loosing her!

As i ran through the trees, i heard rustling off in the distance. Someone was out here.

"Echo? Is that you?" I screamed.

A figure popped out where I'd heard the rustling. It wasn't Echo. It was a tall man, giving me an unnerving look. As he stared at me, I began stepping closer. That's when he ran; as fast as you might ever see someone run.

I started chasing him. I felt the adrenaline rushing through me as my muscles moved my body across the ground. Dodging trees, bushes, and holes, I sped toward the man. Then, he stopped. A trap door was lifted from the ground and he climbed inside. What was he up to? I sprinted over to the door and forced it open. He had something down there that he didn't want me to find. I knew it.

I slipped inside to find a long ladder leading down into a chasm. This was definitely not normal. Hurriedly, I made my way down the ladder, curiosity getting the best of me, but at the bottom was just an empty room. There was nothing suspicious about it. I only hoped this was where Echo might be.

"Echo?" I whispered, listening as my words trailed off through the walls. "Are you here?"

I heard a whimpering voice, "Here?"

I ran over to where it came from, only to find a ravine. It was dark, not able to see a thing down in it.

"Echo?"

I saw something move.

"Echo!" She exclaimed.

It was her. It had to be. I leaned farther into the chasm to try and see where she was.

Oh no. Echo was clinging onto an small piece of rock, the rest of her dangling over a long fall down. I reached out my hand, trying to grab her, when someone shoved me. I started falling and heard laughter coming from where I'd just been. I screamed for Echo, telling her to figure out a way back up. She needed to live, but as for me, it was hopeless. I was falling to my death; the bottom of an underground canyon. My life was doomed.

As I fell to the bottome, I heard water rushing, but it wasn't a river. That's when the wave hit me. It didn't wash me away or drown me, instead it almost seemed to be carrying me. A very large, muscular man popped up out of the water.

"P..P..Posiden?!" I stuttered.

He smiled at me, carrying his water up to where Echo still hung for the rocks.

The wave of water sweeped Echo up and carried us both to the top of the chasm, where her kidnapper stood in fear.

"You kids run along. I'll handle this," Posiden smiled.

I grabbed Echo's upper arm and led her toward the ladder. Relief filled my body, for I knew she was going to be okay. She smiled at me as we began heading up the stairs.

~~~~~~~

Night time had arrived again, but there was no way she was leaving this time. We settled down under an overhang of rock, where I hugged her tightly against me. We would be okay. We were going to make it. She would get her voice back no matter what.

_______

(A/N) O.M.G Asher really loves her! I hope you guys are enjoying my book :) :) :) Sorry I'm so slow on updates. So much has been happening...trying to deal with som problems right now sorry :( Anyways! Plz keep reading!!!

I love u all!!! Plz message me if u have any questions :) xoxo

🔹Vote, Comment, Follow, Share🔹

~Spongey <3