Misunderstanding

It was like Mayas life was currently moving in weekly events, that something would only ever happen on a Friday. She hasn't seen Lucas since their walk in the park, which would be two weeks tomorrow.

And to make it worse, she's barely heard form him. As the most part of her wants to talk to him about how she feels, the other part of her feels extremely lucky to have him and doesn't want to push him away by having problems.

Maybe this is what he was saying by how he wasn't ready for anything back in their interview months ago. When he's good, they're great, but when he's so busy that he can't see her, she starts to wonder.

She likes him. God she really likes him, and he likes her too. But like he says, he's just always busy. Until now, when her phone ringing cut off the music playing in her car on her way home from work.

She answered it, Lucas' name appearing on the screen in front of her "Hey" he said. "Hey" she replied back awkwardly. He paused "how are you?" He asked. "I'm alright thanks. Just finished work..you?" She asked in return.

"Yeah I'm alright too. Working late tonight" he said shortly. "Are you...Are you free tomorrow morning?" He asked "yeah, why?" By now, she was starting to feel a little unsure

"We need to talk, would you want to come by? Say 10?" He questioned. And that unsure feeling just got 10 times worse, "yeah ok..is there something wrong?" She asked nervously. "No, just wanna talk" he replied

She didn't say anything, "I've gotta go..Bye Maya" he sighed quietly, disconnecting the line before she could reply. She felt her lip quiver, the most anxious state forming within.

She soon reached home, this time Riley was home too. "Hey!..is everything alright?" Riley took one look at her friend, and she could read her like a book. "I..I don't know.." Maya stuttered.

Riley patted on the couch beside her for her friend to take a seat, she tucked a strand behind Mayas face so it was out of her way "what happened?" She questioned. "It's Lucas. He just called me and..it was weird" she started

"He was very short, just asked if I was alright and then said am I free tomorrow we need to talk. And I said yeah and is there anything wrong and he said we just need to talk" Maya played with her manicured nails

Riley furrowed her brows "why would he say that? Of course it's going to make you worried" she replied. Maya nodded. "Maybe somethings gone on" she shrugged.

Riley continued her confused expression, "Lucas really likes you, Farkle said it's all he talks about. How he wants a future with you, I don't think he could just change his mind one day. I'm sure it will be a lot less intimidating then it seems.." she replied sympathetically.

"Yeah.. you're right. Has Farkle said anything about it?" she asked her friend. Riley shook her head no, "to be honest, I haven't really heard from Farkle today. He's been a little quiet too..but he's coming over tomorrow" she smiled kindly

Maya nodded yet again, "I think I'm just gonna get ready for bed..you know?..not think" she mumbled, pushing herself up from the couch. Maya went to her bedroom, closing the door behind her.

She showered, changing into pyjamas for the night before climbing into bed. She tried to think positively, that maybe it was all a misunderstanding. She was happy with him, and she thought he was happy with her.

But all she can do know is wait until 10 am.