but...how the hell does she tell chris to meet her to talk about it without telling him too much and doing anything that could worry him?

because although there's a part of her—that side of her from her bpd—that sometimes tries to make her think he doesn't care about her, even as a friend, she knows deep down that's not true.

it may have been complicated in the beginning when they first met, but even if it wasn't because of how close they've grown, chris has always been a very caring person—even with people he doesn't know well—because that's just who he is.

lily closes her eyes, letting her hands cover her face in clear stress.

after a few more seconds, her phone goes off, reminding her that it's most likely chris.

with a deep sigh, she hesitantly pulls her hands away from her face and shakily grabs her phone.

gulping down her fears, she unlocks it and pushes through it.

—————

[texts!]

fav goof 🙄 — chris
moody quinn 🤭 — lily

fav goof 🙄
yo u did NOT just leave on read 🤨

moody quinn 🤭
oh sorry my bad

fav goof 🙄
rlly???
that's ALL u have to say when u haven't even asked me the other thing??

moody quinn 🤭
I SAID SORRY

fav goof 🙄
WELL SORRY THAT I DONT BELIEVE U

moody quinn 🤭
WHY TF WOULD I LIE AB BEING SORRY???
like that literally means NO SENSE christopher 🤨🤨

fav goof 🙄
JUST TELL ME ALREADY

moody quinn 🤭
FINE
OMFG
HAVE I MENTIONED UR ANNOYING????

fav goof 🙄
this isn't new info
get over it and just tell me alr

moody quinn 🤭
okay
I GUESS i'll be the better person. 

fav goof 🙄
🙄

moody quinn 🤭
fine fine, sorry
okay, i don't think it's a good idea to say it over text
so could u maybe come over so i can tell u in person?
it's RLLY important

fav goof 🙄
everything okay??

moody quinn 🤭
yes everything's fine
i swear.
it's just something that i can't rlly talk ab over text
it's rlly shitty to do
so??

fav goof 🙄
u sure everything's good??
bc u don't sound like u r

moody quinn 🤭
yes i promise everything's good
can u just come over pls?

fav goof 🙄
yeah of course
i'll be there soon

moody quinn 🤭
okay thank u

fav goof 🙄
yeah no problem

—————

[irl!]

CHRIS SIGHS, GETTING UP FROM one of the living room's chairs.

he slides his phone into his back pocket and walks up to matt, who's sitting at the kitchen table, aimlessly scrolling through his phone.

"hey, man, i have a question." he says, putting his hands flat over the top of the table and leaning over it.

"yeah, what's up?" matt asks, setting his phone down, to look over at his antsy brother.

"yo, what's going on?" he asks, noticing the change in his brother immediately.

chris sighs, shaking his head at the idea of what could possibly be going on with lily. "i need you to drive me to lily's. i'm really concerned."

matt's face fills with realization. "oh, so she finally told you about it."

he glances down at the table, not noticing the confused look on chris' face and his change in behavior as he only assumes that lily has already fessed up.

"i—" chris says, ready to deny knowing what he's talking about.

"i'm sorry, chris. really. she asked me to wait to tell you or talk about it until she told you about those comments." he says, shrugging.

"what?" chris asks, only becoming more confused.

"those hate comments from the fans? the ones saying that she's using us and nick and madi for clout?" matt questions, knitting his eyebrows together in confusion as he looks up at his brother.

chris gapes at him, causing his brother to come to a shocking and guilted conclusion.

"she...she didn't tell you, did she?" he asks, gaping back at him.

chris wordlessly shakes his head in shock.

"shit." matt mutters, clenching his eyes shut in complete regret.

chris shakes his head in disbelief. "unbelievable..." he mutters, backing up as he tries to wrap his head around this.

but, this only leads him to realize that this is what she's been dealing with and wanting to meet with him without sharing any details.

needless to say, things are about to get a lot more complicated when he and lily talk later.

—————

A/N: 😬😬 oops, things are about to get complicated guys!! anyways, enjoy this.
—hannah <3